Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 09:41 AM

93 posts, read 364,893 times

Advertisements

wondering if there's any type of local community type acting gigs that anyone may know of in the greater Seattle area (Snohomish is ok too).

I don't have any experience or schooling per'se, so i'd like to find something low-key, just for the fun of it and to either quench this bug up my butt or determine if i have to feed it more

thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 11:24 AM

i like to talk to myself so much... that i'm going to reply to my own post.

I found the following:

Acting classes Seattle - Seattle Acting classes - Seattle acting schools - Acting instruction

I'm posting this so if anyone else that's interested, comes across this thread - now ya know...

Old 06-17-2009, 07:07 PM

48 posts, read 267,644 times
Check out Theatre Puget Sound: Theatre Puget Sound - HOME

If you're willing to put in long hours for very minimal pay, I'd say you're halfway there (the other half being your acting chops, of course).

Old 06-18-2009, 04:58 PM

this is great - thank you. i'm going to take the acting class first - to get a rough idea if i have even in ioata of "chops" and if the answer weighs in my favor - then i might have a good excuse to put that link you provided to use

if, it turns out - i have no acting talent - ah well, there's always youtube or better yet - reality tv

Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 4,935 times
does anyone know about theatre schools in washington? just with high school diploma? thanks

Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,369,447 times
Check out REACT. ReAct: The Repertory Actors Theatre, Seattle's Multi-ethnic Philanthropic Theatre

You can also go to the TPS unified general auditions in February at Seattle Center. Theatre Puget Sound - TPS Unified General Auditions - Next Auditions: February 15-18, 2010

Old 01-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebs View Post
does anyone know about theatre schools in washington? just with high school diploma? thanks
In addition to the ASUW class that i took last year, i'm going to take another class at North Seattle Community College. It's part of their "Continuing Education" program.

Categories

The "Acting Techniques" program is 8 sessions, on Tuesday evenings starting *this coming Tuesday*. If you sign up, you'll also need to get a parking permit. Their quarterly permit is about $21.50 and the office is open Mon-Thur until 6:30pm and Friday until 4:30pm. They also have "daily permits" that you can buy on kiosks on campus for $2/day.

There is a lot of theaters in Seattle and they're not always looking for experienced actors. I was blessed enough to be offered a small part in a play recently and it was an awesome experience.

Email me at happytheclown37@yahoo.com if you want to talk further. I'm no expert by any stretch but i can tell you what i've learned thus far.

~Andy

Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 4,935 times
...and the national conservatory of dramatic arts? is it good? i think im applying there... everything that you know about the school will help.. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: