Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,786 posts, read 58,262,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachcal View Post
...Redmond area ...date ... find Mr. Right .... soon. ... Any info is most welcome.
the odds of meeting these objectives = very (very, very) slim - by moving to Redmond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,069,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janb View Post
the odds of meeting these objectives = very (very, very) slim - by moving to Redmond

Just curious, janb, can you give your reasons why they're so slim?

Possibly because of the proliferation of tech workers and and their workaholic ways or would it be based on other criteria?

--'rocco

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-21-2007 at 11:26 PM..

Old 03-06-2007, 06:56 PM

331 posts, read 2,112,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
oh, oh...

sawwwy.

--'rocco
LOVE THIS LITTLE SMILIE GUY.... Is he single? In Redmond??

Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 PM

71 posts, read 481,679 times
Jenbar, thanks for the article VERY helpful.

Would anyone care to comment on the attached link regarding men in Redmond
https://www.city-data.com/housing/hou...ashington.html
Would really be helpful if you live there or have friends who have commented about dating there.

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:32 PM

139 posts, read 1,218,546 times
teachcal, Redmond is just a small area within the metro Seattle area. Please judge for yourself because only you can really determine what you like. Can't remember if you said you have actually been to the Seattle area if not my best advice is to come here with an open mind. One person(s) experience doesn't have to be yours.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 PM

506 posts, read 2,577,991 times
Honestly, if you're a single girl who is at least moderately attractive you will be okay. There are just too many damn guys in Seattle. If you are a single guy though, good luck! IMO it feels like there are 9:1 guys to girls. I wish I were kidding but I'm not. I moved here from downtown Chicago and it's a perpetual sausage fest almost everywhere I go. I've heard the same from others as well, not just me, and some of these people are born and raised in Seattle.

Most of the men you will meet are engineers given that Microsoft and Boeing are big players out here. There are also a ton of tradeskill workers but mainly in the 'burbs. Almost everyone I met in downtown Chicago was a doctor or a lawyer (I'm a dentist). I'm not trying to say that the single scene in Chicago is much better than Seattle...but it is, especially for guys. My $0.02

Old 03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Ala

26 posts, read 142,953 times
I'm kind of in the same position as the original poster. Possibly moving there, am single, ....

So, Seattle, as a whole is pretty good? I don't care if the guy is a professional or not. As long as he has a decent job he works hard at.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:20 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,077,548 times
NO, Seattle is NOT known for it's easy dating scene or it's plethora of selection.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM

71 posts, read 481,679 times
Default hmmmm

What I find interesting is that the guys on this post detect a surplus of men and the women don't.... interesting as this board is so widely read. Ladies, are you protecting your turf??

The Space City Mixer shows a shortfall of women for their "lock and key" mixers.

I'm talking purely numbers. Sure, dating is tough EVERYWHERE why else would anyone stick out a marriage??

Old 03-09-2007, 01:02 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,077,548 times
Quote:
Ladies, are you protecting your turf??
I dont live in the state anymore. Got out in October! I was married the majority of the time I was there - so no dating issues for me. I am just simply reporting what I have read/heard - it's a widely talked about issue, which is why I say the area is not "known" for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: