Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 01:46 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times

Advertisements

^
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-mean-for-may/
Quote:
By Christine Clarridge
Seattle Times staff reporter
If it feels like winter weather is lingering in the Seattle area and it’s taking longer than usual to warm up, that’s because it is.

While the month is not over just yet, it’s on track to be the third-coldest April in Seattle over the last 45 years and the 13th-coldest ever, according to the National Weather Service of Seattle.

Overall, the average temperature this April has been 46.5 degrees, compared with our typical 51-degree average. This year, April 13 tied for the coldest April day on record at 38 degrees, according to meteorologist Dustin Guy.

And though this month’s chilly temperatures don’t directly indicate next month’s, the influence of La Niña remains, said meteorologist Dana Felton.

La Niña tends to bring cooler and wetter weather. This is our second consecutive La Niña year.

So far, this month’s rainfall is slightly below normal, with Seattle receiving 2.18 inches, with 2.85 inches the usual average. However, heavy rain coming later this week could bring the total up, said Guy.

RELATED Seattle has six kinds of rain. Can you name them?
Chances of showers are predicted for Wednesday and Thursday.

“And we’ve got a decent weather system coming in Friday into Saturday morning that may not make up all the ground but will get us closer to normal,” he said.
yes, please think, hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 06:00 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
There are a couple of places in Ballard I liked. Problem is they had no A/C. I don't really want to be caught in a heatwave like Seattle had last year and be without A/C. There was also a really cool looking place in Phinney Ridge, but once again, no A/C.
With Lynnwood or Lake City, you'll need to rent a car. Parking is a *****.

A/C is mostly available in newer construction. For A/C, consider a hotel closer in (current prices):

Lower Queen Anne: Mediterranean Inn ($130)

Upper Fremont: Marco Polo Motel ($89)

U District: Watertown Hotel ($122), Graduate Seattle ($116)

Old 04-28-2022, 12:45 PM

1,197 posts, read 2,279,109 times
I was able to secure an Air BnB in Ballard, on 27th Avenue NW between 67th and 70th. It looks like it is about 2 miles from the are in Ballard with all the breweries and nightlife. All the reviews were good, but I wish it was a bit further south.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:53 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Quote:
I was able to secure an Air BnB in Ballard, on 27th Avenue NW between 67th and 70th. It looks like it is about 2 miles from the are in Ballard with all the breweries and nightlife. All the reviews were good, but I wish it was a bit further south.
Nice work scocar, that's a good location actually, quick drive to beautiful Golden Gardens Park Beach. Some tasty restaurants are walkable from there: Rupee, Copine and Picolinos.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:56 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
That's not a bad walk down to Ballard proper at all. Also, there are a proliferation of scooter and bike shares in Seattle these days. Not sure if they're up in suburban Ballard but I would assume yes. Also check out the King County Metro bus routes; not sure if there's a line that goes up 24th but perhaps.

Edit: Nice, yep, bus service is near you:

https://kingcounty.gov/~/media/depts...-system-map-nw

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transpo...aps/route.aspx

Old 04-28-2022, 06:32 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Quote:
Just walk to 24th Ave NW to catch the #40 (https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transpo...ules-maps.aspx) at NW 70th St and it will take you to

1) QFC/groceries (NW 57th St)

2) Ballard: restaurants, cafes, bars, shops, and live music (Market St & Ballard Ave). Transfer to #44 bus on Market to go (West) to National Nordic Museum, Ballard Locks, and walk to Ray's Cafe, Shilshole Marina, and Golden Gardens Park/Beach; or (East) to Woodland Park Zoo, Wallingford (Archie McPhee's), and the U-District/The Ave, etc.

3) craft breweries (between 15th Ave NW and 11th Ave NW on Leary Ave NW / see map: https://www.visitballard.com/craftbrews/). Transfer to the RapidRide D-Line on 15th Ave NW to go to Lower Queen Anne/Seattle Center (Space Needle, MoPop, Chihuly Garden of Glass, etc.) and then Downtown (Pike Place Market, Ferry Terminal, Pioneer Square, etc.).

4) Fremont: Lenin Statue, Fremont Troll, Gas Works Park (N 35th St & Fremont Ave N)

5) continue to South Lake Union (Museum of History and Industry/MOHAI, Center for Wooden Boats, Amazon Spheres). (Rent Kayaks on Westlake.)

Get the One Bus Away App on your phone to know when buses are coming where.

Last edited by CrazyDonkey; 04-28-2022 at 06:46 PM..

Old 04-28-2022, 07:04 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Just Lyft to the Pink Door for dinner in Pikes Place Market. You will be charmed.

https://www.thepinkdoor.net/

Old 04-28-2022, 08:46 PM

146 posts, read 154,317 times
Don’t leave anything in your car at all…any bag (even if trash inside) will be worth smashing your window for and causing lots of damage and a pain. In the city, at trails, etc…

Old 04-28-2022, 09:05 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
as per your ? on OR forum
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63309784-post19.html

Since you will be in Seattle during a weekend
The Ballard Locks are quite exciting on a Sunday or Friday afternoon.
https://www.ballardlocks.org/
We often grab a to-go fish and chips (Nearby) and head to Golden Gardens Park for sunset over the Olympics.

Check for events at Seattle Center
Nice parks / Arboretum to visit
If decent weather, consider renting bikes, as there are many dedicated bike trails in Seattle which on a nice day you can see a lot of the area. Consider a ferry trip to Bremerton or similar (closer) to return to Seattle at and right after sunset.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:40 AM

178 posts, read 509,814 times
Instead of starting a new thread figured I’d ask here.

We are doing similar. I will be In Seattle the week of 8/8-8/12 and am looking for airbnbs. We will be 6 people including kids under 12 having just spent a week and a half in Oregon and ONP so Seattle will be to explore some city stuff (museums, zoo, pike place, sporting event, whatever) then maybe a day trip to nature stuff also. Will have large SUV for driving.

Can’t decide where to book Airbnb??

Any help??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area