Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 04:14 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,536,861 times

Advertisements

I'd throw Kirkland in the mix if anyone is going to be working in either Bellevue or Redmond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,528,742 times
MS has a private shuttle for its employees, so you can really live anywhere in the region & still use the HOV lane.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,528,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Somebody hasn't been to Bellevue in a looooong time....there is very, VERY little that can be found in Seattle that isn't readily available here on the East side. Pike Place and nightclubs for 21 & 22 year olds are about it, since our hangouts this side of the lake are geared for grownups/professionals and our farmer's markets don't open up until May.
Yeah, but Bellevue is pretty generic (it's anywhere USA). I think the poster was referring to this aspect.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:19 PM

492 posts, read 1,042,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
Go to Redmond. Better place to live. Best trails (walk, run, bike) in the country. Quiet, green, clean, safe.
Go to Bellevue every time you need but stay in Redmond to live.
I respect this opinion but for me it's the opposite. There's a park shared by Redmond and Bellevue, with a trail through it, that makes the point. The Bellevue trail is perfectly barked. When it hits the Redmond line it becomes a mud track. The Bellevue park system has to be one of the very best in the country.

Relative to other towns, though, Redmond's pretty dang nice, including its parks and trails.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
Yeah, but Bellevue is pretty generic (it's anywhere USA).
It looks that until you take a close look. Bellevue's got a wide variety of ethnic food, for example. Don't be fooled by the free parking!

Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Live where you want and take the Microsoft shuttle. That said, Bellevue is not happening. It's chain mania. It's great if your night out means going to AMC and then hitting the Cheesecake Factory. Should you want real restaurants and nightlife there's not a lot there.
From my place in Bellevue I can easily walk to Malaysian, El Savadoran, Korean, Taiwanese, or Brazilian food, and a lot more, none chains. There's noexcuseforignorance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area