Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 PM

957 posts, read 3,358,512 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I know from what everyone says here the cost of living is really high so I am not that sure if I can afford living in Seattle or even San Diego which is another choice of mine. I have looked online at Monsters.com and Career Builder at actual job openings to get a real idea of what the salaries are for accountants in that area but salaries aren't usually shown. I realize there are websites where they give very general information about salaries for certain markets in various cities, but I have found them to be highly inaccurate.

So my question is are there any accountants here on the board that can give me an idea of what the average beginning salary of an accountant or auditor is-and not general bookkeeping? I will have my Master's degree in 2 months and will be ready to sit for my CPA as soon as I land a job.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 06:42 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,739,511 times
I hire my accountants at 48K DOE

Old 02-27-2008, 07:44 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,877,294 times
As someone that lived in San Diego and moved to the Seattle area, the cost of living isn't that much different. I'd say it's about the same between both places. You'll save a bit on rent up here, but gas and food are more expensive.

My mom works in payroll, and makes about $50K in the San Diego area, so I would think as an accountant, you could make more.

V. =)

Old 02-27-2008, 08:08 PM

Thanks guys. Any CPAs out here that also have input?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:01 PM

92 posts, read 474,491 times
My hubby is a CPA for one of the big 4. Where is your master's from? In Taxation or Accountacy? I can give you a better answer with this info

Old 02-27-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleborn View Post
My hubby is a CPA for one of the big 4. Where is your master's from? In Taxation or Accountacy? I can give you a better answer with this info
My Master's is in Accountancy from Trinity Univ. Well, technically will be from as I graduate this May. I actually am going the audit track most likely as that's all the experience I have. I actually used to intern with KPMG so since I got good reviews, that's always an option. On the other hand, I'm not closed off to industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area