Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:51 PM

2,153 posts, read 2,949,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInSal View Post
Uhhhh, slowly crashing? You just moved to Seattle LAST year, actually it hasnt even been a full year yet!

If anything you should be asking if it just PLUMMETED. Also this means you were new to your job. This happens aaaalllll the time in cities with economies like Seattle. Unfortunately if you havent been with them a while usually they scrape you when you dont have the experience(or you "served your purpose"...). Unless its truly drastic.

Also take into account the time of year. July during the summer when everyone is in chill mode vs now when students are back in school.. people back in work etc etc the amount of people ALSO looking for work is way different.

But in all honesty this is almost a simple question to me given the time frame, short amount of time you worked and stuff. But Id surely say no... I think its mainly the point in time. All you gotta do is look at what situation you were in, how long ago, compared to now. Barely any difference. So just keep at it and hope it is just the point in time youre looking for work. Which Im confident it is... in which case the worst case scenario is you wont be landing a job till the Summer.

Or you know... just bad luck bro.

Be grateful you were smart enough to save up saving. You could be on the streets... and in Seattle thats not fun. Props to you for that.
Yep im smart enough to have saved up enough money to pay my rent for another two years actually. But me getting laid off from work is just part of life. Im sure I will eventually find a job again in seattle even if it's not until June or July. Hopefully I will land a job sooner than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 10:37 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,580,278 times
Keep at it, man, and you'll find another one. I have been there more times than I can count. Jobs are about finding the right situation for you. Sometimes politics inside the company you're at rear their ugly head. Sometimes CEO's are total morons who think they know everything and they'll can you thinking they're so smart. And you may have been their smartest, best employee. So don't sweat it. I can tell you're smart and you'll catch on with somebody.

Sell yourself and you'll find one better than the one you lost. There's always backstabbers in pert-near every job, you just need ta do your thing well. Very well. Any you'll be all right. Good thing you were smart enough ta save. Good for you. Stay strong and stay tough. You'll be just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: