Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 09:31 PM

115 posts, read 139,703 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about going to Seattle for the second time. I work for Hyatt and we have properties in Downtown, Seattle and Bellevue. I was thinking about staying 2 nights in Bellevue, then 2 nights in Downtown Seattle. I want to be able to enjoy myself in Bellevue though. I'm 21. Will there be bars and restaurants that I can go to in Bellevue where I won't feel poor? Haha. I'm just wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 11:37 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,889,963 times
Downtown Seattle would offer a much higher diversity of nightlife, especially the Pike/Pine district. Downtown Bellevue is mostly just a dozen nice restaurants, nice bars, and Lucky Strike, which gets packed with ladies in cocktail dresses. Bellevue establishments definitely close down earlier, though.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:08 AM

319 posts, read 346,920 times
I don't think Bellevue would be too upscale but you might find it to be quite boring. I know at 21 years old I would have found it to be too corporate, sterile and generic.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:18 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,836,102 times
If you are Indian or from another Asian background or very wealthy you may find it enjoyable. The Indian community in Bellevue is quite insular and affluent, so it doesn't benefit me much, compared to places like Vancouver, BC where they intermingle more outside their ethnic group and are more working class. There is a wealthy class of people (Non-Asian, including Caucasian, African American, Asian American, etc) who seem to associate with themselves. You will see even most of this in Downtown Bellevue and Kirkland. Age is not as relevant as socioeconomic status and income. If you got money, you got honey on the Eastside..

For an average young, non-wealthy, non-Indian/non-Asian (or multi-generation Asian American) 20 something you will get bored on the Eastside quite fast. That is my opinion.

One great thing about Bellevue and much of the Eastside is I find much better and affordable ethnic restaurants on the Eastside, due to the large Indian/Asian population. Seattle is horribly yuppied and hipstered out , which has resulted in overpriced, overhyped and lower quality ethnic food establishments. Ironically, I find the Mexican food on the Eastside also better, maybe because it is closer to Hispanic communities in Snohomish and East King county? Who knows?? There is no where in Seattle that can compare to the quality of Indian , Thai, Chinese and other lower priced Asian options than in Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, etc. Redmond has hands down, the king for Thai food options.

The Middle Eastern food options kind of suck all over Puget Sound, but Seattle wins there, since lot of Arab students go to U of W, hence it has resulted in a few good cheap Middle Eastern joints around the University and surrounding areas.

The bars in Seattle are many times better and even friendlier than bars on the Eastside.. I've found the bars in Kirkland, for example, very cold, pretentious , unfriendly and a bit annoying at times.. I was refused service at one bar in Kirkland because the deranged bartender said I was drinking all day, despite not even having one sip of any alcohol the whole day. I had never in my many years of life have ever been turned down for a drink in a bar, even when I was drunk off my a**. After reading Yelp reviews of that place, I realize I was not the only guy who was turned down for drinks or tossed out of that bar. However, this shows you some of the weird mentality in Kirkland (and other Eastside) bars. With that being said, The Eastside does have a few nice dives , which are an attraction in themselves, but definitely aim towards the 30+ crowd. But, just for kicks, try the Woodinville Saloon in Woodinville, Palmer's in Redmond, Steve's Bar and Grill in Bellevue (Great Late Night Food), Lucky 7 in Kirkland (haven't been here yet) just for kicks.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-05-2015 at 01:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area