Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 772 times

Advertisements

Hello all.
Am new to forums in general, so please bare with me.
The hubby has a job offer in Kent, Wa. We presently live in the heartland. However, I did spend quite a bit of my youth in Kent. I actually consider myself "from " Kent, even though I really know nothing about it!
I have been doing some research, and the apartments seem sky high! Ideally we get a 2/2 under $1000 in a nice neighborhood.
I remembered that as a child, then again as a teen we lived on west hill. The Brentwood apartments. I also spent alot of time next door at Swiss Gables. I checked, and they both seem reasonably priced. ..is the neighborhood cruddy? It's a 7 minute commute to work for the hubby, so that's good. .
Any ideas, suggestions, advice?
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 07:06 PM

520 posts, read 533,975 times
That area has gotten very very seedy, like all of kent. I grew up in that area too, it is really nothing like it was. The demographics are very different. Just be careful and safe if you decide to live there

Old 06-05-2015, 12:52 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,939,325 times
west hill, I assume is the area near Sea-Tac, the city. Which is kind of awful. The further east you go the better.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:43 AM

233 posts, read 251,727 times
Did you folks move yet? If so...where did you decide to live? I really don't know of any decent apartments on the west side of Kent. I'm not real familiar with apartments on that side since I live on the east side. But....plenty of them exist. The bad thing is that MUCH of Kent has really become very nasty in terms of cleanliness and a lack of nice, decent, people.
I'll be moving far away from this area and won't mind a longer commute to finally distance myself from Kent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: