Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 12:06 PM

102,271 posts, read 108,324,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post
Wow, you sound like a *****.

This is why feminism is a joke. Because women don't want to be equals, they want equality in the workplace, and then MORE at home. Then they make fun of men's height and other features, then turn around and complain about how the men are superficial. This is referred to as psychological projection.

Moving to Seattle taught me that feminism is a joke, because women are not good people. You see it right here, superficial, fleeting, judgmental. Caring more about appearance than who the person is. That's Seattle. People pretending to be more than superficial, more "evolved" or "forward-thinking" than Miami beach, but at least on Miami beach, the women are honest about being appearance and money based. You see, in that story, the only negatives about the guy were things he could never change. That's the women were talking about, except at least in other places, they are honest about being vapid and surface-level.

I'm glad you're honest. It's always good to know the superficial, judgmental, female-supremacists are out! Watch out! They deserve good looking guys who are worth tons of cash, but they won't do ****. They won't be virgins, they won't cook, they won't be housewives (which is all fine, but...) they expect you to be a tall, handsome, well-paid man.

Is this American culture now? Vapid narcissists women who are emulating Sex in the City? Yes, apparently. Wow, no wonder you all have trouble finding relationships. I dare say you don't deserve them. Thank god us men can go to other countries and still find normal people to marry.
Yeah, women aren't good people, categorically. Heaven knows why men want to have anything to do with them!

I still don't understand why so many Seattle guys (or, the vocal ones posting here, anyway) never figure out where/how to meet the smart, reasonable, thoughtful women in Seattle. It's a huge city. There are all kinds of people there. Maybe the angry, frustrated types drive away the very thing they're so desperate to find? Beats me.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:40 PM

918 posts, read 1,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, women aren't good people, categorically. Heaven knows why men want to have anything to do with them!

I still don't understand why so many Seattle guys (or, the vocal ones posting here, anyway) never figure out where/how to meet the smart, reasonable, thoughtful women in Seattle. It's a huge city. There are all kinds of people there. Maybe the angry, frustrated types drive away the very thing they're so desperate to find? Beats me.
Same question about Seattle women. Why do so many women never figure out where to meet desirable men in Seattle ?

Also, my question from earlier - how much effort are they putting forward to meet men ? Leaving the house doesn't count

Old 08-20-2015, 02:23 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,337,535 times
I think some people just expect to magically attract the perfect mate just by standing on the sidewalk and being seen. Goes back to that discussion we were having about how men in Seattle and Scandinavia will just stand there and stare at women in hopes of her initiating convo. In some sense, I guess you could theorize that this was spawned by "feminist" culture? Man dangles himself in front of female like a piece of meat...look at me! Female must evaluate him and decide if she likes what she sees. Female goes in for the kill if she wants it. It's all up to the female to make the decision here. Call it the peacock game, if you will. As much as I can respect that kind of M.O., I just don't think any American women are ready for this. I think even the most self-proclaiming feminist American women are still too scared to initiate convo in that type of situation.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I think some people just expect to magically attract the perfect mate just by standing on the sidewalk and being seen. Goes back to that discussion we were having about how men in Seattle and Scandinavia will just stand there and stare at women in hopes of her initiating convo. In some sense, I guess you could theorize that this was spawned by "feminist" culture? Man dangles himself in front of female like a piece of meat...look at me! Female must evaluate him and decide if she likes what she sees. Female goes in for the kill if she wants it. It's all up to the female to make the decision here. Call it the peacock game, if you will. As much as I can respect that kind of M.O., I just don't think any American women are ready for this. I think even the most self-proclaiming feminist American women are still too scared to initiate convo in that type of situation.

Bolded mine. When you say "some people", are you speaking of both sexes then ?

What must a female do in order to meet a guy she desires besides you know.. just showing up ?

Old 08-20-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post

What must a female do in order to meet a guy she desires besides you know.. just showing up ?
Talk to him.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Talk to him.
Agree.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:12 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,980,807 times
Quote:
No, this is what he's talking about. There is this insistent obsession with the idea that men are all out to objectify and are "entitled" or some other nonsense which has nothing to do with being a human and really is best described the the word "solipsistic," or willfully ignorant, not trying to understand another's point of view, narrow-minded, putting words in their mouth, etc. etc. etc.
Exactly. I don't think he literally meant that he should have a woman handed to him, more that Seattle women do not give men a chance unless they meet their impossible standards and that the traditional form of gender relations (which was not as oppressive as SJW's think it was) doesn't really exist in Seattle and the Northwest.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:12 PM

678 posts, read 877,718 times
The original post is friggin hilarious.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:37 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,024,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
The original post is friggin hilarious.
I agree and I think I am having better luck on accident than he is but I am the gypsy/ steampunk woman with sequins and scarves . Yeah , Ill get bashed for this but I will be 53 years old in Sept and got royally kissed during the entirety of Plush when STP played here last spring by a beautiful musician /poet sort who admitted he was 35. We spoke for only off and on before that song and I don't know WHAT happened . I am married but live a lifestyle that is VERY alternative so no big thing there but the 35 yr old had no idea and he just swept me up . After the song was over he wanted me to stay but I had to go on . GOODNESS !!!

Quote:
Is this American culture now? Vapid narcissists women who are emulating Sex in the City? Yes, apparently. Wow, no wonder you all have trouble finding relationships. I dare say you don't deserve them. Thank god us men can go to other countries and still find normal people to marry.
I wouldn't know - I married a VERY eclectic Dutchman in Holland ! The rednecks back home in Texas just weren't gonna be for me ( obviously). I needed an equal not a boss , I have a boss at work . Its not about what country. It's about finding someone who is like minded . Whatever like minded is for you .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 08-29-2015 at 02:04 PM..

Old 08-29-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Exactly. I don't think he literally meant that he should have a woman handed to him,
Well, then he should say what he means. Because that's pretty much what he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area