Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 12:31 AM

6 posts, read 11,053 times

Advertisements

Hi there

I'm a single professional female in my early 30s relocating to Seattle from SF for work. Curious as to what part of Seattle I should live in. Areas that I am considering are: Belltown, Capitol Hill, South Lake Union, 1st Hill, and Queen Anne.
I would like to be within walking distance to a yoga studio and a grocery store similar to Trader Joes/Whole Foods. Walking distance to Nordstrom Headquarters would be ideal, but if public trans is close..that will do. I'm looking for an area that is somewhat quiet at night since I don't party, cute places to eat and coffee shop is great to.

Also, any recommendations on whether or not I should take my car with me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 AM

644 posts, read 1,188,583 times
Your description fits Upper Queen Anne perfectly. Look at the central part of the neighborhood between Highland Drive, 6th Ave W, McGraw St, and 5th Ave.

Where exactly is your job? If it's downtown, it's very easy to get there from pretty much anywhere in the Seattle area. If it's in South Lake Union (Amazon), that's a bit trickier, but it's still relatively accessible from all the areas you mentioned.

As for the car - having one in Belltown, South Lake Union, or Capitol Hill can be inconvenient and expensive. Queen Anne has plentiful street parking while still being walkable. Seattle is more car-friendly than San Francisco, so if you're used to having a car in the city, you may as well keep it. You can always get rid of it later if you decide it's unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area