Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,014 times

Advertisements

I'm a student who will be moving downtown in the summer and needed help deciding which part I should live. I already have my mind somewhat set on Belltown or Capitol Hill (just because that's where I currently spend most of my time) and wanted some opinions and personal experiences of living in the area.

I also was curious about the prices of apartments in both neighborhoods. I'm not looking for ones with a nice view, pool, or any other luxuries. Basically just one that is adequately sized.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 PM

326 posts, read 529,884 times
I'm not from Seattle...yet

But, just from looking at rents and amenities I think Capital Hill probably has the slight edge. I only say that because rents are a little cheaper in Capital Hill and it looks like there is more to do. They both look like very nice places to live though so I don't think you could do wrong with either.

On a side note, which school? I just got accepted into Seattle U but I'm waiting to hear from Gonzaga to make the final decision.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomlcsc View Post
I'm not from Seattle...yet

But, just from looking at rents and amenities I think Capital Hill probably has the slight edge. I only say that because rents are a little cheaper in Capital Hill and it looks like there is more to do. They both look like very nice places to live though so I don't think you could do wrong with either.

On a side note, which school? I just got accepted into Seattle U but I'm waiting to hear from Gonzaga to make the final decision.
Yeah, I think price might end up making my decision for me. I also liked how exciting Belltown is (whether that's to do to their elevated crime rate) but I don't doubt that Capitol Hill has tons of things to do as a resident.

I actually am attending a community college in West Seattle right now but am planning on attending UW or SPU by fall quarter. I unfortunately am going to miss SU's deadline.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:04 PM

326 posts, read 529,884 times
Seattle U is on a quarter system and their on a rolling deadline. I don't know what you should still apply to Seattle U imo. They're ranked #6 in the west by US News.

UW is even better in some respects though either way you couldn't go wrong.

Good luck man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: