Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:56 PM

69 posts, read 226,534 times

Advertisements

I'd like to find a place where there are indoor pickup basketball games--ideally with people post college. I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the area for a good place--within Seattle or the Eastside. Does anyone know of any good locations? (hopefully with more than one indoor court)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 02:18 PM

594 posts, read 698,386 times
Come to Phoenix AZ. All L.A. Fitness have indoor full courts. I think they have like 20 locations in Metro Phx. As a matter of fact Phx proably has about 100 indoor locations. I've played pick up games with just about every pro star in any sport.

You're in the wrong state son.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheadofthecurve View Post
I'd like to find a place where there are indoor pickup basketball games--ideally with people post college. I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the area for a good place--within Seattle or the Eastside. Does anyone know of any good locations? (hopefully with more than one indoor court)?
If you want to check back with me around September when school starts up again, we play up at Ingraham High School Thursdays at 8pm. Had to sit out this year because I pulled a Kobe Bryant and ruptured my achillies tendon 8 months ago but I should be good to go in a few months. It's just a fun run.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:52 PM

69 posts, read 226,534 times
I've sent you a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
If you want to check back with me around September when school starts up again, we play up at Ingraham High School Thursdays at 8pm. Had to sit out this year because I pulled a Kobe Bryant and ruptured my achillies tendon 8 months ago but I should be good to go in a few months. It's just a fun run.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 PM
l1l

2 posts, read 6,507 times
There is also the famed Greenlake gym where future NBAers have played. Detlef, Jason Terry, Michael Dickerson, Nate Robinson, Brandon Roy.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Lake-Basketball-Court/174416585943914[/url]

Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 PM

309 posts, read 759,565 times
My brother-in-law plays with a group of guys at a gym next to Alki Beach. I believe it's called the Alki Community Center and it's close to the beach. Another place in West Seattle might be Seattle Lutheran High School. I know that there used to be a group of guys who played there. Not sure if they still play there but it's worth checking out. The West Seattle YMCA might work too. The LA Fitness in Ballard could be good too. If you got money, try the Washington Athletic Club in Downtown Seattle near the Sheraton Hotel and not far from Niketown. Everyone calls it the WAC. I've been meaning to check out the Alki Beach gym though because I know my sister's husband has been playing basketball there lately with a group of guys.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:41 AM

1,018 posts, read 3,379,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post

is this open basketball for adults?

I graduated from ingraham, its been a long while. i would like to take a peek.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:54 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
is this open basketball for adults?

I graduated from ingraham, its been a long while. i would like to take a peek.
Check your PM

Old 11-08-2013, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 7,582 times
I would be interested in playing at Ingraham. Not sure what type of games they are, but if they are adults that are pretty good, but past their prime that would fit me well. I was good back in the day, but I haven't played in a few years. PM me if you don't mind.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,646 times
I'm interest to learn more about the Ingraham High run, as well as the Alki Community Center and Seattle Lutheran runs. If someone could shoot me a line with current info, it would be much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area