Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:56 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times

Advertisements

Out of curiosity where do you guys go on little weekend road trips, airplanes dont count. Is there popular vacation towns in the area? A popular ski resort? and share your favorite spot to vacation thats just outside the Seattle area.

Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,773,645 times
Well I just planned a weekend trip to Vancouver.
Other favs: Portland, Oregon Coast (Cannon Beach, Manzanita), Mt. Rainier, Olympic Peninsula. Planning a longer San Juans trip for the summer.

I'd also love to hear other people's suggestions.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,867,492 times
Leavenworth for Oktoberfest and Winterfest
Moses Lake (that's where just about all my friends like to do their summer camping)
Portland for tax-free shopping
Vancouver (BC) for (young ones: ) Drinking, (for everyone else) visit something different
Olympic Peninsula for camping
My husband and I go to the SouthEast WA area (think Tri-cities) for the wineries. (Well, him... I'm the designated driver, LOL).
My husband's favorite Off-roading spots are in Walker Valley (Mt. Vernon area) and also in the area just past Elbe (can't remember the name right now).
San Juan Islands for romantic getaways

Ski Resorts... there's so many good choices that I don't really limit myself to one of them. Snoqualmie Pass is the closest to me. I've also gone into Canada (Kelowna) for skiing as well-- love it! Its not very crowded at all. I know a lot of people who like to visit Whistler at least once a season.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 AM

19 posts, read 60,092 times
In spring/summer we go to Chelan, Coeur D'Alene, Orcas Island and Victoria, BC

Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,823,890 times
San Juan Islands, Ocean Shores, Chelan, Leavenworth, Snoqualmie Pass, Moses Lake, Teanaway, Mt. St. Helens, Rimrock Lake, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, Dungeness Spit, Port Angeles, Long Beach, anywhere along the Columbia River Gorge, Rufus Woods Lake, Banks Lake, Sun Lakes, Dry Falls, Hood Canal, Olympic National Forrest, Hoh Rainforest, Lake Crescent, Skagit Valley, Victoria BC, Vancouver BC, Portland Oregon, Mt. Adams, Westport, Spokane, Walla Walla, Cle Elum, Tri Cities, Whidbey Island, Winthrop, North Cascades, and so on and so forth.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,335,740 times
Langley on Whidbey Island.
Soap Lake ( healing waters)
Roslyn/Cle Elum
Port Townsend

Old 03-07-2012, 04:02 PM

807 posts, read 2,257,954 times
All of the aforementioned in summer.

In winter, you'll find sun-phobic Seattlites holed-up in their homes or indulging in winter-friendly activities while the sun-inclined like to head to California, Hawaii and Cabo- especially in La Nina years.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
All of the aforementioned in summer.

In winter, you'll find sun-phobic Seattlites holed-up in their homes or indulging in winter-friendly activities while the sun-inclined like to head to California, Hawaii and Cabo- especially in La Nina years.
Correct to all three, also during winter and spring breaks.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM

807 posts, read 2,257,954 times
Yea I went to Cabo for the first time last December and saw nothing but "Seattle" and "Bellevue" as addresses on the hotel guestlist for that week.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM

55 posts, read 180,215 times
Many people go to Bend, OR. It's about a 6 hour drive (over the mountains) but is very scenic and offers a lot of outdoor activities like Olympic and and Rainier, just a bit further away. You'll find more Portland residents in Bend than Seattle residents, but that's because of the drive. You can also fly there non-stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area