Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:22 AM

11 posts, read 9,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Childcare Overview

Unless your husband will have a good job, why not have him take care of your child? That may be considered unthinkable in Saudi Arabia because of the culture and religion, but it's very normal in the US. If he won't be working or studying he would have nothing better to do anyway.

If he's also going to be a student, try to arrange your classes so you take them at different times. Maybe you would only need to hire an occasional babysitter if you plan well.
Ummmm I do not know why do you think the image of father takecaring of his children is unthinkable in KSA believe me media serves you to get wrong idea my husband helps me alot but he is also student and we both will study at English academy ( Kaplan) and you know they have all the classes in the same time from 8 to 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 AM

968 posts, read 2,070,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huda-22 View Post
For us it is cold since I am from Saudi Arabia the weather now is almost 50c
OMG Seattle is really expensive
My studying will be taken by officials at public expense and they will give us 3,000$/ month only !!!
I do not know how we will mange the things
Anyway ,is there ( I do not know what is it name in English) families which take the permission of the government to open day care in their own house ?? and what your opinion about them are they secure and trustable ?
By the way, bring an umbrella. I might be wrong, but I am guessing it might be a little more wet in Seattle than Saudi Arabia.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Perhaps you could contact this group that is mentioned in the Seattle University paper and they can help direct you to the day care that's more suited for you. Seattle University - SU Magazine - Campus Observer - Club Reaches Beyond Campus Borders

You can always check out home day cares, they tend to be less than 1K/mo... but it's definitely nerve-wracking to be in another country and doing things their way. My sister is using a home day care and she pays something like $800/mo. She likes well enough.
I have tried so many times to contact with them but I have got no answer
Yes I have heard that they are less expense than regular daycares however , how can I find those home daycares ??

Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
By the way, bring an umbrella. I might be wrong, but I am guessing it might be a little more wet in Seattle than Saudi Arabia.
Thanks for the advice ...yeah I will certainly buy one

Old 07-02-2011, 11:05 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,144,736 times
The first misconception that must be clarified is; The weather is cold and WET. Don't expect to see any sunshine eccept maybe the end of July, August, and the first of September. The people are UGLY, with a pale drooping shallow paller for lack of sunshine. Infact, the corners of our mouths continuously droop downward because there is no humor here. The day cares are VERY expensive because the city is VERY expensive. Live as close to the college or university you will be attending because you will need to walk or bike. You will not be able to afford a car because driving and parking is too expensive.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
The first misconception that must be clarified is; The weather is cold and WET. Don't expect to see any sunshine eccept maybe the end of July, August, and the first of September. The people are UGLY, with a pale drooping shallow paller for lack of sunshine. Infact, the corners of our mouths continuously droop downward because there is no humor here. The day cares are VERY expensive because the city is VERY expensive. Live as close to the college or university you will be attending because you will need to walk or bike. You will not be able to afford a car because driving and parking is too expensive.
Your answer made me almost cry
But you have a good point of view , it is well known that rainy places are gloomy and blue but bleive me people of rainy places are kinder than those who live in desert
Even parking is expensive
Why I did not choose Portland

Old 07-02-2011, 01:14 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,933,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huda-22 View Post
I have tried so many times to contact with them but I have got no answer
Yes I have heard that they are less expense than regular daycares however , how can I find those home daycares ??
The home day cares are spread through word of mouth and locally advertised (which means you could look up through judysbook.com, maybe even google "seattle home daycare", make sure to have a list of what you need to check out [license, environment, et. c http://www.childcare.org/families/choosing-provider.asp ]).

Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
The home day cares are spread through word of mouth and locally advertised (which means you could look up through judysbook.com, maybe even google "seattle home daycare", make sure to have a list of what you need to check out [license, environment, et. c Child Care Resources - Information for Parents - Choosing a Provider ]).
Thanks alot for your helping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area