Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 AM

6 posts, read 11,362 times

Advertisements

Okay so I have a few questions about Seattle and any help will be appreciated!

1. Are people in Seattle nice?
2. Are there a lot of gay's in Seattle?
3. Do people in Seattle fish?

Sorry if any of those sounded stupid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 01:49 AM

58 posts, read 87,624 times
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Old 02-14-2011, 03:53 AM

304 posts, read 850,919 times
1. Yes. They even have a name for it: Seattle nice.
2. Of course.
3. Are you kidding me? You bet.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:53 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,206 times
There are plenty of nice gay fishers.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 PM

9 posts, read 20,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
There are plenty of nice gay fishers.

This is the best.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylee17 View Post
This is the best.
Oh puhleeze! You kid!

Seriously though,

1) I dunno. What's your definition of nice? Will people spontaneously come out and say "hi" to you? Probably not here. Back where I came from, sometimes they did. But that is there, this is here. People here are reserved. If you want to make a social network of friends, you gotta go out to clubs and organized events.

2) Yes, there are. And people really don't care about it. People here are very accepting. Not tolerating ... but accepting. There's a difference. Same thing with races, interracial dating/marriage, etc.

3) Yes, but you do have to know the law to fish here. You also need to know what not to fish due to pollution from prior industry that used to be here (logging and gas production especially).

Old 02-15-2011, 11:28 AM

299 posts, read 666,825 times
So far I have found people in Seattle to be very nice. Maybe more reserved compared to the warmer climates but friendly nonetheless. I don't care one way or the other if someone is gay or not. Who am I to judge? As long as they're not in my face about their preference, no business of mine or anyone else's.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,468 times
(1) Well, I'm nice sometimes, I don't know about the rest of them. Sometimes I fight with my California neighbor which we have nicknamed 'Cal'.
(2) Too many of them. Capital Hill is just like the Castro Dist. of San Fransico.
(3) Fish?????, Hell, you become a fish if you stay too long.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 AM

304 posts, read 850,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post

3) Yes, but you do have to know the law to fish here. You also need to know what not to fish due to pollution from prior industry that used to be here (logging and gas production especially).
This is true. You have to get a permit to fish here. You might not want to fish in the south sound. I heard that the cement factory has been down there for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylly View Post
(3) Fish?????, Hell, you become a fish if you stay too long.
lol Funny but true. Seattleites don't use umbrellas. They swim in the rain.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM

299 posts, read 666,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandygirl View Post
lol Funny but true. Seattleites don't use umbrellas. They swim in the rain.
That's a good one, and true. I don't mind the rain though. It seems to rain a lot in the PNW for a good part of the fall and winter but it's not that way all year long. I'd much prefer Seattle's rain over the searing heat and resulting baked brains where I'm from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: