Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 02:49 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,706,638 times

Advertisements

I will be able to be in Seattle for a Friday and Saturday next year. Are there any "tours" that operates within those days of the week? As you Also suggested I will visit before I move here but I am so excited I can't make a valuable (time wise) list of what to do first. I only have 48 hours or so and I wanted to do as much as possible. It will be early Feb but the cold doesn't matter to me. Any suggestions or advice?

Last edited by Anders15; 11-14-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 03:01 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,351,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
I will be able to be in Seattle for a Friday and Saturday next year. Are there any "tours" that operates within those days of the week? As you Akko suggested I will visit before I move here but I am so excited I can't make a valuable list of what to do first. I only have 48 hours or so and I wanted to do as much as possible. It will be early Feb but the cold doesn't matter to me. Any suggestions or advice?
This isn't a metro tour-but it will get you way jazzed about the history of Seattle. It was a lot of fun.

UNDERGROUND TOUR

Old 11-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Thanks im guessing I will just have to get on a city bus and check out places myself. So far I have:
-Underground Seattle
-Volunteer Park (water tower)
-Pioneer Square
-Kerry park
-Waterfront
-fountain at Cal Anderson Park
-Fremont (Gaswork Park)
-Snoqulmie Falls
-Installation (Broadway in Captial Hill)
-Bellevue (Space Needle, EM/SFM)
-Dick's
-Seattle library

Not sure where else to eat just yet but that's my list. I will need a hotel close to the Paramont Theatre so I have to figure that out. Does my list seem worth the time and fairly within the radious? Not looking to spend much $

Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,886,090 times
don't think you'll make it to snoqualmie falls on a city bus ...

Old 11-15-2010, 12:49 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,846,288 times
We went on this tour a few years ago and found it to be a good value, and a good starting point for further exploration.

Show Me Seattle Tours - Sightseeing by Mini Bus in Seattle WA

Old 11-16-2010, 11:30 AM

172 posts, read 442,256 times
Seattle food tours is pretty cool. It's a food restraunt tour in and around Pikes Place market. It showed us sushi, Russian food, fresh produce, fish, etc. Way cool!! Our company paid for it. I don't know the website though. Try looking under Seattle food tours on google.

They also have a ghost tour in and around Pikes place market that begins in the evenings. I saw a sign for it, but don't know anything about it though.

You also have a double decker bus tour that makes stops all around the city. Then you have the ride the ducks tour. I don't know if any of these run on the weekends though.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 AM

thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobester View Post
don't think you'll make it to snoqualmie falls on a city bus ...
yeah lol I just saw the map

Old 11-17-2010, 11:41 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
Thanks im guessing I will just have to get on a city bus and check out places myself. So far I have:
-Underground Seattle
-Volunteer Park (water tower)
-Pioneer Square
-Kerry park
-Waterfront
-fountain at Cal Anderson Park
-Fremont (Gaswork Park)
-Snoqulmie Falls
-Installation (Broadway in Captial Hill)
-Bellevue (Space Needle, EM/SFM)
-Dick's
-Seattle library

Not sure where else to eat just yet but that's my list. I will need a hotel close to the Paramont Theatre so I have to figure that out. Does my list seem worth the time and fairly within the radious? Not looking to spend much $
If you go to Bellevue looking for the Space Needle and the EMP, I think you're going to have a very difficult time finding them. You need to head North from Downtown to see those, not East. As someone else said, good luck getting to the Falls on public transportation. The library in Bellevue is better than the one in Seattle, IMO (though the Seattle Library's building is cooler). I'm not entirely certain why you want to see the water tower. Most tourists choose the troll over it. And Dick's...well...just make sure you bring some Imodium or other form of anti-diarrhea medication, because unless your stomach is trained for it, bad things can happen.

Other "one day" tours include The Ducks (can't say what all they cover, but I see them cruising around town all the time blasting Village People music. The people inside seem to be having fun...though I guess it could just be "owning the shame". Who knows), the various Foodie Tours (there's one for Pike Place, one for Downtown walking, etc.), the Argosy Harbor Cruises. And I think there's some sort of Haunted tour that wanders Cap Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area