Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagardener View Post
Hi ^^ (how do you pronounce that BTW?)

We moved to the area with our small RV and it wasn't too hard to find places that were non-HOA that allowed us to park our RV next to the house.
Of course we were even pickier than you and wanted a newer home which adds to the difficulty because newer homes are always in an HOA.

Get the right realtor, search the MLS online and you'll find your new home.
When you drive down the street and see boats and RV's you're in the right place :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As long as the house meets the new codes we're not too fanatical on the home's age. My husband and I discussed that this morning. How on earth can we know the right Realtor? Have you any suggestions? Any suggestions which ones to avoid? Do you have to be outside the city in the suburbs to keep a boat or RV at your home? I can't wait until we get there and drive around to actually SEE the city and surrounding neighborhoods. I was in Bradenton a few years back but never to Sarasota. What does MSL mean?

We sure will be looking for neighborhoods with RVs and boats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 04:35 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As long as the house meets the new codes we're not too fanatical on the home's age. My husband and I discussed that this morning. How on earth can we know the right Realtor? Have you any suggestions? Any suggestions which ones to avoid? Do you have to be outside the city in the suburbs to keep a boat or RV at your home? I can't wait until we get there and drive around to actually SEE the city and surrounding neighborhoods. I was in Bradenton a few years back but never to Sarasota. What does MSL mean?

Re: " How on earth can we know the right Realtor?"
While the rules of the forum prohibit recommending Realtors in the open forum, I can think of three frequent posters here that are Realtors:

Peter the Brit

SoFLGal

FLBob

By reading through their previous posts, someone can easily see how helpful they are. Of course members will often send direct messages (DM) to answer questions like yours. Hopefully members aren't sending out unsolicited direct messages, as that would be considered advertising, or spam.

From the terms of service (TOS)
Quote:
Recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts. One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:25 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think what you talking about is MLS? Here's a direct link to the MLS: www.MyFLoridaHomesMLS.com. Just click on Sarasota county to see the listings. This is the most up-to-date site to use.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Re: " How on earth can we know the right Realtor?"

By reading through their previous posts, someone can easily see how helpful they are. Of course members will often send direct messages (DM) to answer questions like yours.

I sent her an email.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:24 AM

Default DM- Direct Messages

I don't know where to look for DMs if someone sent me one. Do they come in your email?

Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
In the top right corner of the screen under your name you will see "your notifications" click on that and several links will pop up. The first link will say "unread direct messages" Click on that and you will see your notifications. Yes, you can also set it so they come directly into your email as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area