Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:30 PM

105 posts, read 186,660 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I haven't done an update in a while so here it goes. I have received one more job offer so I am struggling trying to figure out which company I like best. It's not always about the money because I am a simple person and just like to be happy!

My house is on MLS! I'm selling by owner to cut the cost of at least half of the realtor fees but paid a flat fee to a broker to list the house on MLS. Before the listing we had several showings but it didn't go anywhere. The listing went up last night and I already have a showing for tonight. The realtor is bringing their client in to look at the house because the client is in a hurry to find a home for a couple reasons. One reason is they are new to the area and do not want to sign an apartment lease and the other reason is because they are a first time home buyer and they are running out of time for the tax credit! So, PLEASE cross your fingers that this will be the one to buy my house! I'm sooooo ready to get out of here! It is super duper cold here today. The high is 46 degrees and I think it is going to freeze tonight!

Anyway, I really miss talking to all of you lately! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm ok, but freezing. Before you know it, I will be trotting around in snow boots if the house doesn't sell soon! YUK! I can't wait to put the flip flops back on and tromp through the sand and the ocean!

Just a silly question! LOL! Will I be able to get in the water at the beach during January? Or is the water too cold? Just asking! I know as a kid when we vacationed in Miami and the Keys, we would swim in the ocean! Although, I can't remember if it was cold or not because I was a kid!

I think that is it for now! Chat with everyone soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,107,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson5077 View Post
Hey everyone! I haven't done an update in a while so here it goes. I have received one more job offer so I am struggling trying to figure out which company I like best. It's not always about the money because I am a simple person and just like to be happy!

My house is on MLS! I'm selling by owner to cut the cost of at least half of the realtor fees but paid a flat fee to a broker to list the house on MLS. Before the listing we had several showings but it didn't go anywhere. The listing went up last night and I already have a showing for tonight. The realtor is bringing their client in to look at the house because the client is in a hurry to find a home for a couple reasons. One reason is they are new to the area and do not want to sign an apartment lease and the other reason is because they are a first time home buyer and they are running out of time for the tax credit! So, PLEASE cross your fingers that this will be the one to buy my house! I'm sooooo ready to get out of here! It is super duper cold here today. The high is 46 degrees and I think it is going to freeze tonight!

Anyway, I really miss talking to all of you lately! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm ok, but freezing. Before you know it, I will be trotting around in snow boots if the house doesn't sell soon! YUK! I can't wait to put the flip flops back on and tromp through the sand and the ocean!

Just a silly question! LOL! Will I be able to get in the water at the beach during January? Or is the water too cold? Just asking! I know as a kid when we vacationed in Miami and the Keys, we would swim in the ocean! Although, I can't remember if it was cold or not because I was a kid!

I think that is it for now! Chat with everyone soon!
My fingers are crossed for you! I thought you forgot about us. :-((

You will get in the water in January ( on warm days and love it!) But, after a full year down there, you will be like most of the locals, and won't go near the water unless it is 85 degrees or higher. You can always come to my house and swim! I heat my pool to 85. There I go again! Always thinking of myself!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 PM

519 posts, read 1,379,060 times
Good to hear from you, keeping my fingers crossed for you. I need to direct message you so I can figure out how you have been able to locate and have so many job offers. Lucky girl. Husband has a head hunter, but this head hunter't computer has crashed twice now so we haven't heard alot from him. Best of luck. And just remember to pick the job that you feel is gonna make you the happiest.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
My fingers are crossed for you! I thought you forgot about us. :-((

You will get in the water in January ( on warm days and love it!) But, after a full year down there, you will be like most of the locals, and won't go near the water unless it is 85 degrees or higher. You can always come to my house and swim! I heat my pool to 85. There I go again! Always thinking of myself!
No way could I ever forget you guys! You have all been so helpful and great through all my questions and journey to get to Sarasota.

Thanks so much for an invite to swim at your house! LOL! Hopefully the house we pick will have a pool too so we can have a big pool party with lots of beer and wine! Did I say alcohol? Oh yeah, lots of beer and wine! LOL! We can only have the party after you and my husband go catch some fresh fish for us on your boat! LOL!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Good to hear from you, keeping my fingers crossed for you. I need to direct message you so I can figure out how you have been able to locate and have so many job offers. Lucky girl. Husband has a head hunter, but this head hunter't computer has crashed twice now so we haven't heard alot from him. Best of luck. And just remember to pick the job that you feel is gonna make you the happiest.
Just DM me and we can chat! I can't wait to get down there! The weather here is horrible! What company is your husband working with, if I may ask? You can DM the info to me. And, trust me, I will pick the job that makes me the happiest!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
No way could I ever forget you guys! You have all been so helpful and great through all my questions and journey to get to Sarasota.

Thanks so much for an invite to swim at your house! LOL! Hopefully the house we pick will have a pool too so we can have a big pool party with lots of beer and wine! Did I say alcohol? Oh yeah, lots of beer and wine! LOL! We can only have the party after you and my husband go catch some fresh fish for us on your boat! LOL!

That sounds great to me! Especially the beer, boat, fish, and swim part! Hmmmm. . . . kinda reminds me why I decided to buy a house in Florida!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Just DM me and we can chat! I can't wait to get down there! The weather here is horrible! What company is your husband working with, if I may ask? You can DM the info to me. And, trust me, I will pick the job that makes me the happiest!
I hope the job your thinking, is the same job I'm thinking! Don't you say it though! Cuz first you'll slap me for your thoughts, and then your husband will get jealous and won't fish with me! And, then I won't get any free beer! On second thought, I wasn't thinking! And, neither were you! - What?!?? Now I'm totally confused. I hope what ever job you get and makes you happiest, pays the most, so you can buy me lots of beer when I visit, and that will make me happiest! Yeah!! That's what I was thinking!! No!! buy "him" lots of beer, then he will want to share with me, after we catch lots of fish!! Yeah!! Oh!! I just hope you're happy!! Then it won't matter - we'll all be happy!

I wasn't thinking out loud I hope! I hate it when people can read my mind! LOL

Old 10-15-2009, 06:15 AM

519 posts, read 1,379,060 times
Hope that your showing went well. It is still snowing here, 1st snow of the season, a bit early I think. We are also ready for a pool and hubby is ready for some fishing. Hummm sit inside and watch the snow or hummm go outside and play in the pool, or ocean. I just don't klnow....

Old 10-15-2009, 06:21 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,163,039 times
yea we are sooo looking forward to going back to the UK and temps of 45-50 NOT.

wish we could stay.

those people wishing out of Florida just dont know what they would be missing

Old 10-15-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I hope the job your thinking, is the same job I'm thinking! Don't you say it though! Cuz first you'll slap me for your thoughts, and then your husband will get jealous and won't fish with me! And, then I won't get any free beer! On second thought, I wasn't thinking! And, neither were you! - What?!?? Now I'm totally confused. I hope what ever job you get and makes you happiest, pays the most, so you can buy me lots of beer when I visit, and that will make me happiest! Yeah!! That's what I was thinking!! No!! buy "him" lots of beer, then he will want to share with me, after we catch lots of fish!! Yeah!! Oh!! I just hope you're happy!! Then it won't matter - we'll all be happy!

I wasn't thinking out loud I hope! I hate it when people can read my mind! LOL
Of course you were thinking outloud! LOL! That's what you always do! Yes, lots of beer, lots of fishing and lots of.....LOL!

Don't get confused cuz then I won't be able to give you anymore beer! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area