Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 05:13 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,145,211 times

Advertisements

REPORT ON ROUND 24 ** SB-234 Restore Rights to Concealed Weapons License Holders

Includes Concealed Weapons License Open-Carry, Campus-Carry, Guns-In-Vehicles and Purchase of Long Guns in other states
Senate Bill 234, introduced by Senator Greg Evers (R-2), was heard in the Senate Rules Committee on April 15 and PASSED by a 8 to 4 vote.

SB 234 would make two changes to the “Right-to-Carry” law -- also known as the Concealed Weapons Licensing law and it would also conform Florida’s firearms purchase law with federal law.
The bill now basically does the three (3) following things:

1. Provides that concealed weapons license holders may also carry openly - to prevent license holders from being charged with the crime of violating the "
Open Carry" law because a concealed firearm accidentally or inadvertently became visible.

2. Provides that concealed weapons license holders may store a firearm in private vehicle anywhere the vehicle is lawfully parked except those places that are exempted under s. 790.251(7) -- the parking lot law.

3. Removes the obsolete firearms purchase in contiguous state law previously required by federal law for out of state purchases of long guns and replaces it with language to conform to current federal requirements that allows purchase of long guns in other states.

REPUBLICANS VOTING FOR THE BILL:

thrasher.john.web@flsenate.gov,
alexander.jd.web@flsenate.gov,
flores.anitere.web@flsenate.gov,
gaetz.don.web@flsenate.gov,
gardiner.andy.web@flsenate.gov,
negron.joe.web@flsenate.gov,
richter.garrett.web@flsenate.gov,
wise.stephen.web@flsenate.gov

REPUBLICANS VOTING AGAINST THE BILL:jones.dennis.web@flsenate.gov,

DEMOCRATS VOTING AGAINST THE BILL:
margolis.gwen@web@flsenate.gov,
siplin.gary.web@flsenate.gov,
smith.chris.web@flsenate.gov,

NOT VOTING:
bullard.larcenia.web@flsenate.gov,

CURRENT STATUS OF OUR PRO-GUN BILLS:

THANKS TO YOUR HELP WITH E-MAILS AND PHONE CALLS, all of the bills we have been working to pass (3 Senate bills & 3 House bills) have passed all of their committee references and are now ready for the Floor of their respective chambers. They are:

SB 234 by state Senator Evers, Concealed Weapons Licensing Reform

Your continuing e-mails to your state legislators in support of these bills will be
CRITICAL when they come to the floors of each chamber.

At this point, there are no set time frames for the bill to move to the floor. The Senate will be in recess all next week. The House will be in recess Monday and Tuesday but will be back working the rest of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 09:01 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,467,612 times
Jersey go to youtube and look for Jim Coates, he is the head of the Florida Sherrifs assoc. He has some really profound insight that he added to this issue. Get your lawyer retained, CCW holders will have money to be made if he carries through with his plan..... what an idiot . Wait until you hear what he had to say, jaw dropping is all I can say.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,467,612 times
I had the link saved in my email, let me know your POV on this.

YouTube - FL Sheriffs Association - Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carriers

Last edited by Old Man Winter; 04-17-2011 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: cuz I cant spell lol

Old 06-03-2011, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,823 times
Default Law Enforcement's Knee Jerk Reaction to Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
I had the link saved in my email, let me know your POV on this.

YouTube - FL Sheriffs Association - Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carriers
To openly state that law enforcement officers will openly violate the law of the State of Florida, I find is patently irresponsible of this fellow. It would be considered malice of forethought on the part of the perpetrators of any such action by any law enforcement officer associated with the Florida Sherriffs Association.

To premeditate potentially lethal action based solely on a bias against the freedom and liberty that the Florida law establishes, is recklessly irresponsible, and, possibly criminally negligent. I really can't believe that the Florida Sherriff's Association would actually allow their spokesman to get up in front of a gathering of legislators and make those threats known.

Come on guys, you really gotta be kidding me.... Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area