Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 PM

64 posts, read 117,608 times

Advertisements

Like others have said this site is wonderful. I have read several hundred posts and learned a lot. The more I read the more I get confused sometimes but things are starting to make sense

In the next few weeks I will be coming down to start the "dreaded search" I will leave the wife behind and start looking for a place. I am looking in the $300,000 range and could go higher if necessary.

I am looking for maintenance free living, I don't want to have to do much of anything.

I kind of like Palmer Ranch because it it appears to have nice homes and I can get to the Siesta Key Beach easily if we want to walk on the beach.

In advance I'd like to thank people for their posts. There appear to be a few very informed agents that frequent this forum also which is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 02:43 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
Wow! Maybe you and Dorthy should check out homes together! It seems as though you and she are looking for nearly the exact same thing.

I would suggest reading this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/saras...area-fall.html and then maybe asking more questions.

Bellagio on the Island of Venice might be another option if you are looking for maintenance free, close to the beach, etc.

Were you interested in golfing? a club house? Pool? or other amenities? This will help to weed out communities.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Wow! Maybe you and Dorthy should check out homes together! It seems as though you and she are looking for nearly the exact same thing.

I would suggest reading this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/saras...area-fall.html and then maybe asking more questions.

Bellagio on the Island of Venice might be another option if you are looking for maintenance free, close to the beach, etc.

Were you interested in golfing? a club house? Pool? or other amenities? This will help to weed out communities.
No on Golf, club house & pool for sure, and no on working with Dorothy. I am sure she is nice but my wife would hit me over the head with a 2x4

Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker Bob View Post
No on Golf, club house & pool for sure, and no on working with Dorothy. I am sure she is nice but my wife would hit me over the head with a 2x4
Haha! At least you have a sense of humor. That goes a long way!

Then Island Walk in Venice/North Port, Village Walk/Sarasota, Turtle Rock/Sarasota, Bellagio/Venice and Willow Chase/Nokomis-would probably be a few of my top picks, based on your criteria.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:52 PM

4,621 posts, read 7,543,282 times
Hi Bob,

You didn't mention - are you looking for a single story floor plan or is 2 story ok? Village Walk has villas (1 story) and townhomes (2 story). Single family homes with pool start at about $250k. Villa HOA fees run about $852/quarter.

Turtle Rock has a couple of single family 2 bedroom homes in Sumerset for about $315,000 available. The HOA fees there do include lawn service, exterior paint, pressure washing roofs and a professional management company. HOA fees run $954/quarter. Savannah at Turtle Rock is also an option in similar price range. Savannah's quarterly HOA fees run $1036 but cable tv is included.

Botanica has carriage homes (similar to townhomes) for around $300,000. Botanica has 2 community pools, clubhouse & fitness center. HOA fees run $1500 - $1669 per quarter.

Arielle also coach homes (again, similar to townhomes) starting at around $225,000. Arielle is newer, built in 2005. HOA fees run about $283/month.

Deer Creek does have villas in the $235k price range. They are older, built around 1991. HOA fees run $294/quarter + $200/month. Mira Lago has homes built in the 1990's starting at around $300,000. HOA fees run $822/quarter. Mira Lago also has villas.

The only real negative I know about Palmer Ranch is the plumbing issue of pinhole pipe leaks found in some of the 1990's built neighborhoods. You'll notice some of the MLS listings state the home has been replumbed. It had to do with type of pipe used and the soil itself causing corrosion.

You have lots of options to consider in our area.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:38 AM

If you're looking specifically at the Palmer Ranch area then this blog I wrote should give you most of the info you're looking for: https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog1...-sarasota.html It covers every community in Palmer Ranch.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:31 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,094,441 times
Bob, you must be from Nebraska being a Husker fan. I bet you wear a black tee-shirt on Saturdays. I love college football, and although I have one pro team I like to follow, I have several favorite college teams, and the Huskers is one of them. The season is nearing!!

Welcome to the board. Feel free to ask questions there are a lot of great posters here! You'll get all kinds of advice, and information on just about anything.

I think you're wise to live a little bit away from the beach, but can get there quickly when you like or have guests come in. The beach traffic can be more than you want to deal with every day.

As far as your budget goes, you will have no problem finding a great house that has a pool, and a nice floor plan that will suit you well for retirement. Most of the homes take into account the things that the elderly and retiring people want in a home. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, and have some money left over for the regular travel and trips back to see your friends and family on occasion.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Bob, you must be from Nebraska being a Husker fan. I bet you wear a black tee-shirt on Saturdays. I love college football, and although I have one pro team I like to follow, I have several favorite college teams, and the Huskers is one of them. The season is nearing!!

Welcome to the board. Feel free to ask questions there are a lot of great posters here! You'll get all kinds of advice, and information on just about anything.

I think you're wise to live a little bit away from the beach, but can get there quickly when you like or have guests come in. The beach traffic can be more than you want to deal with every day.

As far as your budget goes, you will have no problem finding a great house that has a pool, and a nice floor plan that will suit you well for retirement. Most of the homes take into account the things that the elderly and retiring people want in a home. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, and have some money left over for the regular travel and trips back to see your friends and family on occasion.
Yes I am a Husker fan and hope we can have some winning traditions this fall when we join the Big Ten.

This house hunting task is going to be interesting to say the least. I am definitly coming down very soon to try & accomplish it.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:30 PM

463 posts, read 867,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker Bob View Post
Yes I am a Husker fan and hope we can have some winning traditions this fall when we join the Big Ten.

This house hunting task is going to be interesting to say the least. I am definitly coming down very soon to try & accomplish it.

Your not going to take a statue of Herbie with you are you ? LOL
I moved to Nebraska ten years ago and still can't believe how many people are over the top fans. In the local grocery store they turn the sound of the game up so you can listen while shopping. Have you been keeping up with the Nebraska Danger football team ?

Old 06-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
Your not going to take a statue of Herbie with you are you ? LOL
I moved to Nebraska ten years ago and still can't believe how many people are over the top fans. In the local grocery store they turn the sound of the game up so you can listen while shopping. Have you been keeping up with the Nebraska Danger football team ?
Nebraska Danger? LOL I keep up on the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the new Omaha Nighthawks Football teams.

Take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area