Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 PM

159 posts, read 346,056 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from NJ to FL and need to open a new bank account up down there.. what banks have the highest percentage down there? which ones would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 12:14 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,493 times
Bank of America seems to have the most locations for a national bank.
I cant vouch for loans or mortgages, but they've been OK with regular checking and savings accounts. If you carry a decent balance you can avaoid monthly charges

Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,147,995 times
i can recommend NOT using BOA.

our local bank -Englewood Bank have been BRILLIANT and i would recommend them every day of the week

Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,499 times
i will second the BOA. prior to moving here full time we had a house and needed a bank that had a branch in both NJ and FL. we also had our mortgage with country wide which became BOA. there are many branches around here.

if you do not need a bank that has branches in both states i would reccomend sun trust.

bit chilly in jersey today?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 PM

159 posts, read 346,056 times
I have wachovia right now in jersey... many wachovias down there?

and yes it's FREEZING!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,136,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoman_6 View Post
Bank of America seems to have the most locations for a national bank.
I cant vouch for loans or mortgages, but they've been OK with regular checking and savings accounts. If you carry a decent balance you can avaoid monthly charges
BOA has the most locations & if you have direct deposit of payroll check, presently, there is no charge for checking and/or keep a certain amount so they can use it instead of you (according to your banking needs) & there are no fees. I've had two home mtgs. with them. & one line of credit. They have nailed me in the past for ATM penalties which were my fault for not keeping track of...however, BOA loves to allow it's customers to overdraw their accounts.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,083,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downthrust View Post
I have wachovia right now in jersey... many wachovias down there?

and yes it's FREEZING!!!!!!

Yes wachovia is down here. BoA can be problematic sometimes, very tough to deal with right now if you want a mortgage, it seems they are trying to reduce the % of loans they carry down here. But, then who isn't.

I use several banks, and the local ones do give me great service, but then with all I do, BoA loves me too. So it depends on if you need them, or they need you.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:39 AM

70 posts, read 216,930 times
Citibank has an ATM inside every 7-Eleven. Chase has an ATM inside every Walgreens. Both are very large national banks. Chase also has an iPhone application that lets you deposit checks directly from your phone. I think they may have a new Android version of it too, but I'm not sure. Chase has several branches in the area. Citibank does not. Citibank ATMs in the 7-Elevens accept check deposits. Chase ones do not. Both seem to provide decent customer service, but of course, if you plan to have overdraft fees, they will rob you blind. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ocessing_order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area