Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 08:49 AM

3 posts, read 6,592 times

Advertisements

Hello...need ideas of where I can take my maternity shots...photog lives in Lutz and I live in Sarasota. My family lives in Parrish and I thought that may be a good central location so I do not have to drive an hour and feel frazzled prior to shoot

People have suggested Ringling, Selby, etc., however, they charge. Someone else suggested Sarasota Bayfront but they are so busy with people...I am modest and hate taking pictures so I need a semi-private area that will provide a great background....

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM

83 posts, read 178,902 times
Anna Maria Island at the north end beach around sunset. Usually not to crowded, great light. No charge.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,237 times
"Hello...need ideas of where I can take my maternity shots"

Wow, we use to use a Kodak, now we have formal pictures, I am obviously out of touch with todays world.

Now that I am over the shock...yes, Anna Marie Island is very nice.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:35 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,330 times
I know someone who does great shots at the train museum nearby, my husband is a train nuto we are doing them there. There are some nice tracks for pics, huge engines, and some good outdoorsy areas as well...

Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 AM

832 posts, read 1,417,416 times
The Skyway parks, Terra Ceia, Parrish has a railway park that's sort of cute, Manatee River has lots of places to pull over and snap some off, the new neighborhoods usually have a good central lake that's accessible to the public, Ana Maria Island has some great spots too, specially at the end where Fast Eddies used to be because the Skyway is in the background, Cortez Village, Apollo Beach/Ruskin has the cool electric plant as a backdrop at night, perhaps Gamble Plantation has something inside the gates, Lettuce Lake Park, there are tons of meandering rivers with the low lying old oaks that make beautiful photos especially when there's fog, Fort Desoto.

Good luck!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 PM

34 posts, read 62,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
"Hello...need ideas of where I can take my maternity shots"

Wow, we use to use a Kodak, now we have formal pictures, I am obviously out of touch with todays world.

Now that I am over the shock...yes, Anna Marie Island is very nice.
That was my thought also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area