Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:09 PM

12 posts, read 94,815 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating from sterling heights,Mi to Bradenton, fl in couple of months. I have a 4 yr old daughter and would like to know some safe places with good schools and asian indian community near or around Bradenton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 02:11 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
I don't know of any specific indian or asian communities, but Im sure you can find some when you relocate..My daughter is 4 also and we just bought a house in Bradenton. We chose our area based on safety, and schools. Tara is where our daugther attends fschool. We did our research thoroughly, and being a teacher I knew what to look for. They offer free VPK, not all elementary schools offer VPK. Not only is it free VPK, but they offer a full day option and Tara is an A rated school for the last 4 years. The middle school and HS are also A rated and are located nearby in good areas. Good clientle in our neighborhood, good student populations in schools. We bought near the University Park area (near University Parkway). This is very near to Sarasota as University park is the border. There are many stores, doctors and banks along University and it offers a very nice suburban feel. I lived in West Bradenton previously and hated it. It was crime ridden, run down and unsafe. Here, I feel the safest I have felt in a long time. People leave their doors open, garages left open all night. Crime is everywhere, so you need to keep your guard up all the time anyway. Its a great area to check out..

Old 10-28-2010, 01:58 AM

321 posts, read 362,793 times
We live off University as well and it is about as safe a place as any in Manatee or Sarasota Counties. Check out University Park, Lakewood Ranch, Parkridge, and 34243 zip code. The area is where all the growth is and it is clean, new, and safe.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
We live off University as well and it is about as safe a place as any in Manatee or Sarasota Counties. Check out University Park, Lakewood Ranch, Parkridge, and 34243 zip code. The area is where all the growth is and it is clean, new, and safe.
I agree with the above suggestions. University Park area is wonderful - it is shady, clean, safe and near wonderful shopping/dining/medical facilities. IMO you can't go wrong with this area.

There are many communities along this corridor - besides the ones mentioned, you can also check out Palm-Aire and Mote Ranch.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:35 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,736,130 times
I also have to agree. As a general rule of thumb, east of 75 and perhaps a few miles west of 75 (like Tara and University Park) tend to be newer, fresher neighborhoods with A-rated schools and plenty of services and shopping available. McNeal Elementary in Lakewood Ranch also has a VPK program that provides an optional all day program. Having said that, it is important to remember that these are generalities and there are really great places available all over the place.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:53 AM

Mote Ranch, and Palm Aire are super areas, but not too many kids from what we found out..great schools though, that whole University Park area is just beautiful IMO Good luck in your search and keep us posted!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 PM

487 posts, read 636,172 times
Northwest Bradenton is the nicest and safest part.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:47 PM

I agree that Northwest Bradenton is nice also.. it tends to be a bit more expensive and less home since you have the luxury of being closer to the Bay, and the beach. Plus, some of the elementary schools in the area arent the best.. Palma Sola is nice, but Stewart and the others not so great...

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 AM

12 posts, read 94,815 times
Thankyou all for your suggestions...this is really going to help us a lot...

Old 11-29-2010, 02:01 PM

169 posts, read 396,384 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area