Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 08:43 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,280,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little rook View Post
We had a neighbor in Albuquerque's South Valley whose dog barked every night all night. We fixed it by calling their house several times a night and saying in a friendly, worried tone, "Your dog is barking. Are you alright? Do you need help?"

Great idea.

I moved into a new house once and after a few weeks of nonstop barking I called the sheriff's office to complain about my neighbor's dog, and I asked if the rumors I heard about that neighbor's criminal, drug-crazed husband were true. Turns out the woman I was complaining to was that very neighbor. She worked at the sheriff's office.

That was awkward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 09:17 PM

307 posts, read 684,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Great idea.

I moved into a new house once and after a few weeks of nonstop barking I called the sheriff's office to complain about my neighbor's dog, and I asked if the rumors I heard about that neighbor's criminal, drug-crazed husband were true. Turns out the woman I was complaining to was that very neighbor. She worked at the sheriff's office.

That was awkward.
I can only imagine what it felt like when you first made eye contact with her after that.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:05 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,280,363 times
I actually called right back and apologized. How could I know? I didn't apologize for the dog complaint, only the husband comments. She didn't care; he was already in federal prison and she knew he was a drug-crazed criminal.

Anyway 15 years later she still has (different) dogs that bark for hours. I told my other neighbor it was their turn to complain.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 PM

7 posts, read 14,349 times
My experience is that neither Santa Fe county or city do anything about dog barking complaints.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,002 times
In regards to dogs barking incessantly....Yes, you can go online and fill out a barking complaint. They will put a note on the person's door each time. (I have no idea what the note says) You can do this two times and then you'll get a call from the city asking if you want to take them to court. (apparently, the city of Santa Fe makes it your responsibility to take care of contentious neighbors, they will not go in person to the barking dog owners home)

Regarding dogs that bark incessantly....being neighborly includes NOT disturbing your neighbors and the peace. I know dogs bark and that's fine, but there is a big difference between a dog that barks for ten minutes and a dog that barks for HOURS and HOURS day and night. Picture sleep-deprived people. Crying babies awakened by dogs barking. People who work second shift and can't sleep because the dog never stops barking. This is just RUDE. It is not neighborly or kind to impose this on your neighbors. If you own a dog, be a responsible dog owner. Don't leave your dog constantly alone in the backyard, or neglect the dog, never playing with it or taking it for walks. Dogs are social animals and need attention, affection, and exercise--if they are left alone they will BARK out of frustration, loneliness, and boredom. Dogs can be great and fun, but NOT WHEN THEY BARK NON-STOP.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:15 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,491,319 times
In regards to dogs barking incessantly....Yes, you can go online and fill out a barking complaint. They will put a note on the person's door each time. (I have no idea what the note says) You can do this two times and then you'll get a call from the city asking if you want to take them to court. (apparently, the city of Santa Fe makes it your responsibility to take care of contentious neighbors, they will not go in person to the barking dog owners home)

Regarding dogs that bark incessantly....being neighborly includes NOT disturbing your neighbors and the peace. I know dogs bark and that's fine, but there is a big difference between a dog that barks for ten minutes and a dog that barks for HOURS and HOURS day and night. Picture sleep-deprived people. Crying babies awakened by dogs barking. People who work second shift and can't sleep because the dog never stops barking. This is just RUDE. It is not neighborly or kind to impose this on your neighbors. If you own a dog, be a responsible dog owner. Don't leave your dog constantly alone in the backyard, or neglect the dog, never playing with it or taking it for walks. Dogs are social animals and need attention, affection, and exercise--if they are left alone they will BARK out of frustration, loneliness, and boredom. Dogs can be great and fun, but NOT WHEN THEY BARK NON-STOP.

I agree with this. If you can't spend time your dog, don't even get one. Dogs are beautiful, intelligent creatures. But they will act up if they're abused. Ignoring your dog is abusing your dog.

Now get back to your soap operas, dog haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe