Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 PM

75 posts, read 204,719 times

Advertisements

Dating for women sucks in the Bay Area - case and point, read this article: San Francisco

I have lost patience in the search for Mr Right out here and am ready to embark to other shores. I don't know where to go though.

Would any of you know where I might explore? Cities that have piqued my interest so far: NYC, Chicago, Boston, London. I need excitement (aka some nightlife options), but decent people with whom to socialize as well.

Thanks to all the forum participants - this is the best thing I've found so far for comparing places to live!!

Last edited by charbo; 03-04-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 AM

186 posts, read 220,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charbo View Post
Dating for women sucks in the Bay Area - case and point, read this article: San Francisco

I have lost patience in the search for Mr Right out here and am ready to embark to other shores. I don't know where to go though.

Would any of you know where I might explore? Cities that have piqued my interest so far: NYC, Chicago, Boston, London. I need excitement (aka some nightlife options), but decent people with whom to socialize as well.
Haha, I promise you there are *way* more articles on How Bad Dating Sucks For Women in NYC.

Do. Not. Go. There.

I am a native and getting out! If you are looking for casual dating/flings/nonexclusive "fun" and you have lots of money to waste on rent and overpriced everything, and a passionate overwhelming desire to have a an amazing social and artistic life, but not go home to anyone special then by all means, move to New York.

In my research I've found Chicago is ok, Boston very good for women but people can be a bit uptight/snotty (New England attitude) but you'd probably do very well if you were a down to earth friendly type, and London I haven't looked at yet but the male to female ratio is pretty good- and of course, it's *London*!

Best Tip for Mr. Right Hunting:Moderator cut: link removed and http://www.creativeclass.com/rfcgdb/.../Go%20West.pdf

You're already west: You may want to stay on the west coast, or find a decent midwest city where men are raised well, community minded and will treat you more respectfully than they will be in NYC.

Last edited by Yac; 06-30-2010 at 06:11 AM..

Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 AM

415 posts, read 1,668,134 times
I've lived all over the place and it all depends on what kind of person you are. Miami and Los Angeles have an incredible night life scene for the all night partiers and the good lookin' crowd. The nightlife scene isn't as crazy in NYC, Boston, and Chicago, but there is definitely the scene there.

But beware, men in NYC, especially the wealthier ones, have egos the size of Texas and will trade you in for a younger, thinner, cuter piece in a heartbeat (this is what I've been told by a lot of NYers over the years).

Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 AM

205 posts, read 211,897 times
This again? LOL. Good luck in New York, women complain about the same thing there too. Miami? Good luck as well.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:00 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,443,528 times
Reading that article, the issue is too many somewhat exclusive criteria.

Someone who is long term material may be a bit "boring" and conversely someone who is "exciting" may have many quirks and character flaws.

Gotta decide the sweet spot and go for it, all else will follow.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,093,336 times
Dating for men in SF doesn't seem very good. Most women seem attached and those that aren't are only interested in dating rich guys...they claim they aren't but sooo many times I've seen girls ditch a nice guy who isn't rich for a guy who is.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 AM

153 posts, read 382,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
Dating for men in SF doesn't seem very good. Most women seem attached and those that aren't are only interested in dating rich guys...they claim they aren't but sooo many times I've seen girls ditch a nice guy who isn't rich for a guy who is.
Sounds like NYC, or any major cosmopolitan city.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 AM

814 posts, read 671,585 times
All depends on where your LOOKING. C'mon folks most men and women don't want to make an effort. The ones that do are out there you just have to open yourself up past the bar scene. Join a few clubs of sorts (biking,hiking,walking,sightseeing,cooking,and everything else ending in "ing"). Main thing is to make an effort and minimize your list! People in big cities often like to label people into groups so they feel more secure. Example I've lived in Berkeley and am far from a hippy, but do enjoy people that are more connected on the interior vs the exterior. You need to exploit your personality and send it into different directions, each path is one you haven't been down!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:34 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,300,741 times
Anchorage, Alaska.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:28 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,703,153 times
Are you seriously moving to try to find a husband? That's a little shallow, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland