Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 11:52 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times

Advertisements

Dating sucks for men in the Bay Area. The women can be quite b*#(*y--and not much better than some of the women that we have down here in OC/LA.

Believe it or not, however, SoCal might be a little better for meeting potential mates than the Bay Area. People in the Bay Area can be, like has been said, friendly enough but elusive, or very reserved to the point of being aloof and icy. SoCal does have a lot more superficiality, but interestingly enough to me that makes it easier to tune the "radar" and separate the people you want to associate with from the people you don't want to associate with.

I can't look at it from a woman's perspective, but if you're a man, don't attempt dating in the Bay Area unless you have some serious $$$, are part of 17 liberal causes, or preferably both.

I miss a lot of things about the Bay Area and would live in certain parts of it again. However, I said this when I moved to the Bay originally and I'm still sticking by my statement: I could live there for no more than a few years (8, 10 maybe) because of the challenging social climate there. Again, it's a little easier in my experience to meet people in general in parts of LA/OC and especially SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 6,259 times
I am definitely not a bitchy woman. Why just today I was walking the streets of Fresno (here for a med internship) and I smiled at a guy who struck up a conversation with me and said, "Are you from San Fran? You have that look about you." Well, now I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not! Ha. I think just like another poster said earlier, in a city there are a lot of different people and if you're looking in the right places, you're bound to meet someone who is likeminded. It's weird though because online, I've been messaged by decent guys in other cities but not San Fran. Still, I think I'm willing to make the leap and make sure that I get involved in activities there that interest me. I'm not looking for a guy who makes bucco bucks but I have worked hard to be financially stable and you bet I'm looking for someone else who has done the same.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Dating sucks for men in the Bay Area. The women can be quite b*#(*y--and not much better than some of the women that we have down here in OC/LA.

Believe it or not, however, SoCal might be a little better for meeting potential mates than the Bay Area. People in the Bay Area can be, like has been said, friendly enough but elusive, or very reserved to the point of being aloof and icy. SoCal does have a lot more superficiality, but interestingly enough to me that makes it easier to tune the "radar" and separate the people you want to associate with from the people you don't want to associate with.

I can't look at it from a woman's perspective, but if you're a man, don't attempt dating in the Bay Area unless you have some serious $$$, are part of 17 liberal causes, or preferably both.

I miss a lot of things about the Bay Area and would live in certain parts of it again. However, I said this when I moved to the Bay originally and I'm still sticking by my statement: I could live there for no more than a few years (8, 10 maybe) because of the challenging social climate there. Again, it's a little easier in my experience to meet people in general in parts of LA/OC and especially SD.
I know quite a few women in the Bay Area who aren't aloof, b***y, or reserved, and aren't looking for a guy with a lot of money, because the women make their own money. I don't know why this old stereotype of women looking for wealthy men doesn't die. Women create their own wealth these days. It's not the 1950's anymore.

Anyway, these erroneous beliefs unfairly bash Bay Area women. Just because there are a few women like that doesn't mean they're all like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland