Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:25 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Creekside Drive is not called or referred to as rape side drive by the locals. Please provide information about rapes and totals for Walnut Creek. Crime happens in Walnut Creek but it is lower than most places in CA and around the nation.
Yeah, this guy must be frightened of his own shadow if he thinks Walnut Creek is a scary place.. I'd say he's our newest troll on the San Francisco boards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:35 AM

113 posts, read 343,626 times
I'm not afraid of my own shadow, I'm just pointing out how overrated Walnut Creek is, and that there's a bad vibe there.

Don't get mad about what the locals say about Creekside. I didn't make it up.
It's a true story lady.

Walnut Creek, Crime Timeline, 21st Century

History of CRIME in Walnut Creek.

[SIZE=+1] 2 Shot, Killed In Apartment Complex (http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_275234815.html - broken link)[/SIZE]

Attempted sex assault in laundry room

2 Suspects Carjack, Rob, Kidnap Man (http://cbs5.com/local/carjack.robbery.kidnapping.2.865539.html - broken link)

Gunman Robs Trader Joe's (http://cbs5.com/local/walnut.creek.robbery.2.781502.html - broken link)

Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forker View Post
I'm not afraid of my own shadow, I'm just pointing out how overrated Walnut Creek is, and that there's a bad vibe there.

It's a true story lady.

Walnut Creek, Crime Timeline, 21st Century

History of CRIME in Walnut Creek.

[SIZE=+1] 2 Shot, Killed In Apartment Complex (http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_275234815.html - broken link)[/SIZE]

Attempted sex assault in laundry room

2 Suspects Carjack, Rob, Kidnap Man (http://cbs5.com/local/carjack.robbery.kidnapping.2.865539.html - broken link)

Gunman Robs Trader Joe's (http://cbs5.com/local/walnut.creek.robbery.2.781502.html - broken link)
I repeat, you must be scared of your own shadow...

Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
Here is so crime information about Walnut Creek which is pretty good when you compare it to the state of CA and national averages for other cities:

Best places to live 2008 - City details: Walnut Creek, CA - from MONEY Magazine

2008 FBI Crime Report Doesn't Include Walnut Creek
Table X - Alabama -- California (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/2008prelim/table_4al-ca.html - broken link)

Table 8 (California) - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_08_ca.html - broken link)

OMG, WOW, Walnut Creek is so dangerous!! NOT!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:58 AM

54 posts, read 170,568 times
Forker, please be more careful. The examples you use about the danger lurking in WC (which is about the funniest thing I've heard in YEARS) are the same as the ones used by a sad, lonely woman who was the previous troll on the SF boards. Forker, enough. And besides..... if you lived in Berkeley during your time here, why do you know so much about WC? You see, the sad, lonely, angry woman who used to troll these boards was miserable in WC and I can't help but wonder.... is that you??????

Old 05-06-2009, 11:59 AM

Forker, besides the CBS report your other posts are not credible and have no information on them.

Again, Walnut Creek just like any place has some element of crime. But it is lower than most cities in the bay and the rest of CA. Please provide accurate information. Also, you can not speak for all locals only the people you have come in contact with. I actually live in Walnut Creek and know you have no idea about what you are writing about. You have not proven that all rapes are committed on Creekside Drive and or that there is a high rate of rapes and or crime in Walnut Creek.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Forker, besides the CBS report your other posts are not credible and have no information on them.

Again, Walnut Creek just like any place has some element of crime. But it is lower than most cities in the bay and the rest of CA. Please provide accurate information. Also, you can not speak for all locals only the people you have come in contact with. I actually live in Walnut Creek and know you have no idea about what you are writing about. You have not proven that all rapes are committed on Creekside Drive and or that there is a high rate of rapes and or crime in Walnut Creek.
Agreed. SHE is just an angry, bitter soul who can't afford a house here. Boo-hoo.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 PM

Sunnysunshine, this person still lives here. Otherwise, I can't understand why he/she would find it necessary to keep writing about how much they hate a place. He/she probably lived in Berkeley and WC but couldn't afford to live in the nicer sections so hates it?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forker View Post

It's a true story lady.
You're not pointing out how overrated Walnut Creek is at all but just said Creekside was called "Rape side" by locals, which is completely untrue. I grew up in Walnut Creek and no one I know ever called it that. You obviously have some chip on your should when it comes to WC.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Sunnysunshine, this person still lives here. Otherwise, I can't understand why he/she would find it necessary to keep writing about how much they hate a place. He/she probably lived in Berkeley and WC but couldn't afford to live in the nicer sections so hates it?
I know that and you know that and SHE knows that. She needs a life. What a sad soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland