Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 08:33 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,039,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm not following your "something for everyone" point. It's funny you say the Chinese community is more diverse than any outside of China. SF's Chinatown has always been said to be the biggest Chinatown outside of Asia, fwiw. SF & the Bay Area has everything you list. LA's shopping, etc. may be better, but "better" doesn't address the "something for everyone" point. I'm truly curious about that.
LA metro has something for everyone, there is pretty much everything under the sun there.

The LA metro has the largest and most diverse Chinese population in the United States. Try to understand that fact.

SF has the things I listed? So where are the middle class cities, with affordable housing, with in an hour train ride of downtown?

What vibrant beach cities are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I like LA too. But it's just not as nice of a place to live. The sweet spot in SoCal is always going to be San Diego and the OC beach cities. LA's weird mix of urban and sprawl just grates on my nerves.
ROFL! San Diego is Milwaukee by the sea. Not much there but military types, retirees, and transplants from underiable places back east. OC is suburbia and not really considered to be as desirable as LA county beach cities (Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, etc.) But you're not from California, so you probably are not aware of this.

Los Angeles is more dense than Oakland. So if LA's sprawl grates you, Oakland's must make you crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach finest View Post
Why would anyone want to live in LA? I hope you are not talking about the city- the county is OK. The bay area is in every way better then LA county. SF>LA city till eternity.
LOL. LA county by itself has 2 million more people than the entire bay area. Nevermind the 4 counties surrounding LA. If the bay area is so amazing, why don't more people live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 09:03 PM

378 posts, read 443,990 times
Default Rofl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
San Diego is Milwaukee by the sea.
LOL you are one funny clown

Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,039,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
LOL you are one funny clown
I prefer wizard, thanks.

People in Greater LA look at SD the way people in the bay look at Sac.

They have a crappy job market with few opportunities, plethora of low wage tourist jobs, they are a second rate media market, and have tons of transplants from the midwest.

Amazing how many people not from So Cal think that the SD is going to be like Boston/NYC on the beach. LOL.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:03 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,088,486 times
Quote:
LOL. LA county by itself has 2 million more people than the entire bay area. Nevermind the 4 counties surrounding LA. If the bay area is so amazing, why don't more people live there?
Lol. Simple; geographic constraints prevent further high speed population growth and the Bay is super expensive. Job outlook in the Bay is better than SoCal.

Bay>SoCal

Old 03-12-2015, 11:08 PM

6,421 posts, read 8,324,930 times
Quote:
I prefer wizard, thanks.

People in Greater LA look at SD the way people in the bay look at Sac.

They have a crappy job market with few opportunities, plethora of low wage tourist jobs, they are a second rate media market, and have tons of transplants from the midwest.

Amazing how many people not from So Cal think that the SD is going to be like Boston/NYC on the beach. LOL.
The worst part about LA isn't the smog and traffic, it's the idiots who live down there and think they're God's gift to the universe for living there. LOL ROFL

Old 03-13-2015, 08:51 AM

629 posts, read 624,197 times
Quote:
The worst part about LA isn't the smog and traffic, it's the idiots who live down there and think they're God's gift to the universe for living there. LOL ROFL
Umm are you sure you're not talking about people, especially the women, in SF?

Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 AM

6,421 posts, read 8,324,930 times
oh, i can't stand people like that in SF either, which is why I live in Oakland

Old 03-13-2015, 09:14 AM

4,373 posts, read 6,349,485 times
Quote:
I hate to say it but Bay Area drivers tend to be pretty awful as well. I used to think LA was much worse, now its a tie.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:17 AM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,088,486 times
Quote:
oh, i can't stand people like that in SF either, which is why I live in Oakland
Trade snobby people for ultra leftist, SJWish crowd=Oakland

Old 03-13-2015, 10:18 AM

629 posts, read 624,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I hate to say it but Bay Area drivers tend to be pretty awful as well. I used to think LA was much worse, now its a tie.
That's very true. But driving here for 4 years has turned me into a badass driver to compensate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland