Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
do you have stats to back up this nonsense, or do you want to wait for other people to call you out on this?
That isn't nonsense at all, especially if you live near the ocean... I lived in the Sunset for a total of two years, and those temperatures (50s & foggy) sound dead-on to me! It's warmer in downtown SF, but anywhere on the west side has lower daily averages - and for those who call it "sucky" and horrible weather, that's all relative. I think it's fabulous, and would rather live in the Sunset than just about anywhere!

P.S. I've also lived in Southeast SF (Bayview district), and it was slightly warmer and windier over there.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-31-2011 at 11:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Weather averages doesn't matter. Climate change is changing the long term weather patterns and this is the new normal! And few days of sunshine in January is not enough to compensate for months of rainy, cold, foggy, windy weather. Why anyone would like this non-stop annoying weather without any variation is completely beyond me!
I absolutely LOVE the weather in San Francisco, and it's probably the thing I miss most (since moving to the south bay). To each his/her own, but just as you can't understand anyone liking SF's weather, I can't imagine anyone liking seasonal or extreme weather. I've lived in Stockton, and the 100+ temps were unbearable - I've also lived in Maryland where humidity & bugs were horrid, Tahoe where the snow was ridiculous at times, and Oregon where it never stopped raining. I'd much rather have cool/mild & comfortable weather all year, thankyouverymuch.

To the OP, Burlingame's weather is about as pleasant as you'll find anywhere in the world... seriously, who could complain about averages of 70?! I grew up at the border of San Mateo & Burlingame, and it was never uncomfortably warm OR cold. What exactly are you looking for, anyway? If HOT weather is your thing, I'd agree with the others who've suggested going east instead. The Peninsula is definitely warmer than most parts of San Francisco, but it's still not going to be very seasonal or hot. Burlingame does have very subtle microclimates, though, usually being a little windier near the Bay (i.e. near Airport Blvd) & foggier in the hills. The most mild part is probably around downtown Burlingame, but really it's only a minute difference overall.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-01-2011 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 AM

3,472 posts, read 5,263,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Weather averages doesn't matter. Climate change is changing the long term weather patterns and this is the new normal! And few days of sunshine in January is not enough to compensate for months of rainy, cold, foggy, windy weather. Why anyone would like this non-stop annoying weather without any variation is completely beyond me!
Of course averages matter. Two years in a row of crappier than normal weather don't constitute long-term climate change. It may feel like forever to us, and it may be annoying, but it's statistically insignificant. You need at least 30 years of weather data to look at long term trends. If this were the new normal, then California's tourism is doomed. San Diego's beaches had only half its normal crowds for Memorial Day this year, and while I was here, we had way more rain than average. But people still generally talk about SD having a beach climate, despite a sucky summer last year, flooding this winter, and a cool spring. Weather may change from year to year, but climate doesn't change overnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland