Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 PM

3 posts, read 15,233 times

Advertisements

Would anyone like to share any locations or areas that they think would offer interesting photo opportunities. I'm able to get around pretty much everywhere in the East Bay. I've already gone down to the Marina, Indian Rock, Grizzly Peak, and often take random shots around the city of Berkeley, but if you know of any other spots feel free to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM

289 posts, read 1,270,750 times
I seem to always go camera crazy in Huckleberry Regional Park in the Oakland Hills. Such a beautiful place!! It's especially magical in the fog.

Mt. Diablo's great for scenic views, especially around now while everything's green and the air is crystal clear. The wind caves at Mt Diablo also make some interesting shots--I would suggest trying to go on a weekday since it tends to get crowded on weekends. There's NOBODY there on weekdays.

Black Diamond Mines is another great spot--you can tour an abandoned mine, which makes for some interesting, offbeat shots. Right now's also the perfect time to go there while everything's green and it's not insanely hot out.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,076,043 times
Lake Merritt. The area in the hills around Redwoods Regional Park if you can get up there, the views are supposed to be great but when I went there it was super foggy from low clouds.

If you can get to SF, any hill is pretty good for shots, like Bernal Hill or Twin Peaks. Dolores Park is easy to get to and you can get good shots of downtown SF from the SW corner.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:34 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,275,007 times
treasure island, sutro baths, lands end, marin headlands are great in/by the city

but the east bay has the albany bulb, tilden/sibley park, lafayette reservoir, tons of graffiti/murals in west oakland, chinatown in oakland, shoreline drive in alameda, port costa, the derelict ships in richmond, etc

i run out of film way more than i run out of places to shoot in the east bay

Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
Lake Merritt. Since you're in Berkeley check out Tilden Park. Jewel Lake is very peaceful and picturesque. Also in Tilden you can get a variety of landscapes from the typical California oak canyon to a more Pacific Northwest type forest complete with mosses and ferns. Also check out Golden Gate Park in SF. I have some nice pics from all of these locations.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Check out the OAkland Rose Garden once the roses bloom. It is a pretty awesome setting. Timing is great around mother's day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland