Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 PM

36,699 posts, read 67,740,522 times

Advertisements

This is a positive, image enhancing development for the Fairfield area.

Quote:
Automotive group, Price-Simms, began construction in early October on a new 40,000-square foot Mercedes Benz dealership at Fairfield's 31-acre auto mall. The dealership, which will have excellent freeway visibility from Interstate 80, will seek Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. Green elements planned for the building include solar panels, energy-efficient lighting, and low water use. The location of the dealership allows it to serve several counties including Solano, Contra Costa, Napa, Sonoma, and Yolo. Construction is expected to be completed in August 2011. The general contractor, J.R. Roberts Deacon of Citrus Heights, California, has an extensive portfolio of auto dealership construction projects.

Mercedes-Benz and Lowe's Coming to Fairfield, California -- FAIRFIELD, Calif., Nov. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --
First announced in 2007 but then put on hold, now ON again.
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/05/21/048644.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,994,913 times
Good location. With the high end outlets in Vacaville, you could pick up a deal at the mall and head home in a new car to match your Movado watch.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Good location. With the high end outlets in Vacaville, you could pick up a deal at the mall and head home in a new car to match your Movado watch.
LOL

Right....Vacaville does have a GUCCI outlet for heavenssakes. There are only 2 in California and only 7 nationwide.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:19 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,117,586 times
I saw this ground breaking recently but had no idea what it was - Thanks! I love the idea of a Benz dealership even if I'm too stingy with cars to buy one. lol They also re-opened the Ford dealership, which looks like a really good sign for the economy.

I'm not so sure about the Lowe's idea. They're building it at the nearest exit to Vacaville, which already has a Lowe's at the Nut Tree and Fairfield, which already has a Home Depot at West Texas.

How about a $1 theatre instead? That's the one thing from Ohio we used to have that I haven't found out here yet - a theatre that plays old-run movies for $1-$2. Ah, good memories.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,263,331 times
Stupid decision. Build a dealership where the cheapest car cost nearly as much as the individual yearly salary in the area. The Vallejo-Fairfield-Vacaville trio is about as blue collar as it gets.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Stupid decision. Build a dealership where the cheapest car cost nearly as much as the individual yearly salary in the area. The Vallejo-Fairfield-Vacaville trio is about as blue collar as it gets.
You're only goal in life is to jump on anything that anyone is doing; I bet you're barrels of fun at parties.

Somehow I don't get the impression that Auto Mall's are built in areas catering only to its local populace. In fact, considering Folsom, Roseville, Vacaville, Richmond, and Fairfield have the five largest auto malls along I-80 despite median incomes between 35-50k, I'd say developers and stockholders at Mercedes Benz, no less, probably know a thing or two more than you about attracting business from outside of its own populace.

How do you car shop anyway? I called about 20 dealerships from here to Colorado aiming to see which dealer was going to agree to my offer. As it turns out, it was in Richmond, CA that did it for me. I didn't realize people still walked down to their local car dealership and expected to get the best deal for themselves.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
You're only goal in life is to jump on anything that anyone is doing; I bet you're barrels of fun at parties.

Somehow I don't get the impression that Auto Mall's are built in areas catering only to its local populace. In fact, considering Folsom, Roseville, Vacaville, Richmond, and Fairfield have the five largest auto malls along I-80 despite median incomes between 35-50k, I'd say developers and stockholders at Mercedes Benz, no less, probably know a thing or two more than you about attracting business from outside of its own populace.

How do you car shop anyway? I called about 20 dealerships from here to Colorado aiming to see which dealer was going to agree to my offer. As it turns out, it was in Richmond, CA that did it for me. I didn't realize people still walked down to their local car dealership and expected to get the best deal for themselves.
The E and C Class are already among the best selling cars in California, the entry level MBZ is very reasonable and these cars are already very common all over the Bay Area, including Solano County.

There are many affluent customers in Solano County, Napa County, Yolo County and West/East Contra Costa County to sustain this dealership.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The E and C Class are already among the best selling cars in California, the entry level MBZ is very reasonable and these cars are already very common all over the Bay Area, including Solano County.

There are many affluent customers in Solano County, Napa County, Yolo County and West/East Contra Costa County to sustain this dealership.
I have the cheapest car in my neighborhood and I live in Fairfield (no regrets though, I like my Camry Hybrid lol)

This is the danger of posting in forums where someones only connection is viewing Wikipedia pages and each opinion is derived from a statistic. Someone probably shouldn't touch threads if they don't live within 500 miles of its locale - just a rule

Old 11-18-2010, 02:16 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,263,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
No, you're right. I think a BMW dealership, and Ferrari dealership should follow. That would really make sense in the blue collar belt of the North Bay. I mean a single family home can be found in Fairfield for under $150,000, that's about as much as a used F430.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:04 PM

3,980 posts, read 9,009,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
You are obviously not familiar with West Fairfield/Green Valley/Rancho Solano/Mankas Corner area. You should probably bow out of this thread since you don't know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland