Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:36 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,328,216 times

Advertisements

Yep, they've got 348 dealerships in the US and thanks for pointing out the one franchisee that has failed.

Mercedes-Benz Backing U.S. Dealers With Customer-Lending Cushion

Franchises in the auto business go out of business from time to time. I guess if they all asked your opinion first they would be much better off. BTW MB USA owns exactly one of the dealerships in the US, the rest are franchises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 12:42 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,102,079 times
Are you kidding me? 1) You don't get ANY private messages from ANYONE in the Bay Area because you don't know two sh*ts about anything outside of Marin County. Your ignorance about the Bay Area is quite apparent to everyone here but you. The way you act, I wouldn't guess that you get any private messages from anyone in SoCal either, but that's beside the point.

2) You don't live here - stop acting like you do. You MAY vacation here part of the year, you MAY travel here occasionally, you don't live here. Real estate professionals who LIVE here don't have such wide gaps in knowledge about the Bay Area that you do and don't rely on Wikipedia articles to get their opinions from. If you did actually live here, I'd say you're easily Top 5 one of the least knowledgeable real estate professionals I've EVER come into contact with.

Take your bologna back to the SoCal forums.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:42 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Yep, they've got 348 dealerships in the US and thanks for pointing out the one franchisee that has failed.

Mercedes-Benz Backing U.S. Dealers With Customer-Lending Cushion

Franchises in the auto business go out of business from time to time. I guess if they all asked your opinion first they would be much better off. BTW MB USA owns exactly one of the dealerships in the US, the rest are franchises.
Look I know you're a little defensive because I shot a hole in your elementary understanding of commerce and how it works with car dealerships, but the thing you have to understand is that MB has made huge blunders in recent memory that doesn't exactly illicit a full proof method of doing business. Grown ups make mistakes, and one day you will realize that.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Are you kidding me? 1) You don't get ANY private messages from ANYONE in the Bay Area because you don't know two sh*ts about anything outside of Marin County. Your ignorance about the Bay Area is quite apparent to everyone here but you. The way you act, I wouldn't guess that you get any private messages from anyone in SoCal either, but that's beside the point.

2) You don't live here - stop acting like you do. You MAY vacation here part of the year, you MAY travel here occasionally, you don't live here. Real estate professionals who LIVE here don't have such wide gaps in knowledge about the Bay Area that you do and don't rely on Wikipedia articles to get their opinions from. If you did actually live here, I'd say you're easily Top 5 one of the least knowledgeable real estate professionals I've EVER come into contact with.

Take your bologna back to the SoCal forums.
Hey, this is a bit off topic but I can tell you're a little insecure right now, and I want to make this discussion as friendly as possible for you as to not insult your delicate sensibilities. You may have your opinion about my skills as a real estate professional, but I will say that I don't know many "unskilled" professionals who closed over 90 deals in a calender year.

One day you'll be there, and move out of Fairfield. Work hard and dedicate yourself to gaining real applicable knowledge. Remember, emotion is misleading. The truth is simple, Occam's razor, read about it sometime when you get the chance.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:09 PM

527 posts, read 1,578,071 times
Quote:
I was laughed out of the Fairfield Toyota dealership..
I actually bought my car at the Toyota Fairfield dealership, and they sold it for $200 above their cost - surprised they didn't accommodate you. I did shop the deal through USAA, though.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:12 PM

Getting laughed out of a Toyota dealership is embarrassing enough, I think.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:40 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,102,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Getting laughed out of a Toyota dealership is embarrassing enough, I think.
Not when your quote 20-minutes away in Richmond just saved you $1,000+. It's actually quite endearing watching young car salesmen negotiate. They try so hard!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
They try so hard!
Irony.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:33 PM

81 posts, read 176,798 times
I'm sorry this is off topic, but Mr. Fantastic is so pretentious in this thread that I actually laughed out loud reading through all these posts.

Back on topic, I'm sure there was a lot of market research done prior to this dealership opening. Of course this does not mean that it will 100% likely be a success, but I'm sure Mercedes has taken all the factors that have been brought forth in this discussion into consideration to avoid failure. Who really knows for sure though. Only time can tell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland