Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 AM

289 posts, read 1,271,455 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I went on a second trip to San Diego to do some more exploring. What a beautiful city! We dissected primarily the northern and central parts of San Diego and had many adventures along the way. Here are some pictures I took:

Balboa Park

Point Loma

Torrey Pines right before it started downpouring:

I am obsessed with animals, so a trip to the Wild Animal Park was a requirement!

These were taken from the whale watch from HELL. My fiance took these because he was the only one on the boat who wasn't super seasick the whole time.

sea lions

dolphins that I probably threw up on.

Grey whale

We went to La Jolla the first trip. It was so beautiful, we had to go back:

Well, those are my favorites. We were going to wait a couple of years to move in the hopes of saving some more cash and for the economy to start improving. But shortly after I came back home to Massachusetts, my supervisors informed me that my job is moving to San Francisco in August...This is either a blessing or a curse--I haven't decided yet. My fiance is among the many who are laid-off in an area with zero jobs, so we really need to follow my job or be completely screwed. We're really not financially ready to move anywhere right now and my job doesn't exactly pay very well, so moving to a notoriously expensive city at this time is a bit scary and it's definitely going to be a struggle at least until my fiance finds a job...on the otherhand, it 'ought to be a hell of a lot easier to move to San Diego once we are ready. An 8-hour car ride back and forth is a lot more convenient than flying back and forth on an 8-hour plane ride (plus goddamn layovers at the Vegas airport, where you're guaranteed at least a 5 hour delay!!).

Anyway, we'll keep dreaming of San Diego in the meantime. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 10:51 AM

342 posts, read 1,427,918 times
Those pictures are just awesom. May I ask what type of camera you used ?

Sorry about the sea sickness - when we were kids we used to go out on the ocean from Newport beach. We had a small boat with a cuddy cabin - my sisters would try to do their homework in there and always get seasick. Once we went out on a fishing barge and lots of people got sick. The fishy smell was bad enough but our mom packed sandwiches for lunch - and guess what kind? Tuna. Not what we really wanted right then.

Maybe the job change is fate ??? It will be closer for weekend get-a-ways and you can check out San Diego better. Hope all works out for the best.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
Those pictures are just awesom. May I ask what type of camera you used ?
Thanks! I use a Canon Rebel XTi DSLR.

Quote:
Maybe the job change is fate ??? It will be closer for weekend get-a-ways and you can check out San Diego better. Hope all works out for the best.
I hope so! And I think it will work out for the best in the end. My fiance should have much better luck at finding a job in San Francisco than out here anyway...we live in cow country. It's just starting off will be a challenge!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Great pics, theh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theh View Post
These were taken from the whale watch from HELL. My fiance took these because he was the only one on the boat who wasn't super seasick the whole time.
The same thing happened to my friends who were visiting from Buffalo. They said everyone on the boat was throwing up. I'd love to go whale watching, but unfortunately, I too, get seasick.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Theh, those aren't sea lions and instead are seals. Sea lions are much larger. The pictures are great though.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Theh, those aren't sea lions and instead are seals. Sea lions are much larger. The pictures are great though.
Thank you.

The ones on the whale watch were definitely sea lions... Sea lions are only about the same size as harbor seals, at least the females, which I'm pretty sure is what these are. The easy way to tell the difference is their fins look very different from seals (more "feet-like"). They also have visible ears and they make a distinct barking sound, unlike seals. The fat things in La Jolla were harbor seals.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,048 times
great pictures!!! SD is my absolute favorite place in the world! I took my honeymoon there last year, I will post some of my pics when i figure out how to do so.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Theh............great pics. Did the whale watching thing years back for a field trip with my sons room. Glad to say came back in one piece

Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,995 times
barmutho boyz 4 life
Attached Thumbnails
Images of San Diego-barmutho-boyz.jpg   Images of San Diego-l_10b17a29442d79e87bab323e153f1c9e.jpg  

Old 03-17-2009, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 5,993 times
Images of San Diego-cliffs2.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego