Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 10,358 times

Advertisements

Wow! I am going to be moving to East County for work...thought on my budget I would be stuck somewhere ghetto like El Cajon, but to my delight I saw some advertisements in La Mesa...I was planning on a one bedroom but at this rate, I can get a two bedroom!!
4400 block of Rosebud Lane - one bedroom $680!!!
4300 block of Rosebud Lane - two bedroom $825
4100 block of Yale Ave - two bedroom at $925 and it was just renovated!!
5000 block of Thorne - one bedroom $775
I have to cruise down from north county to check em out, but thought someone from the area could give me a heads up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 04:33 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,529,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyana McManus View Post
Wow! I am going to be moving to East County for work...thought on my budget I would be stuck somewhere ghetto like El Cajon, but to my delight I saw some advertisements in La Mesa...I was planning on a one bedroom but at this rate, I can get a two bedroom!!
4400 block of Rosebud Lane - one bedroom $680!!!
4300 block of Rosebud Lane - two bedroom $825
4100 block of Yale Ave - two bedroom at $925 and it was just renovated!!
5000 block of Thorne - one bedroom $775
I have to cruise down from north county to check em out, but thought someone from the area could give me a heads up?
I live about a mile to the west of those blocks. It's not great, but not terrible. They are all around Helix High, there are a lot of apartments in that area. The single-family neighborhoods in the area are mostly homeowners and it is very middle class, but the apartments tend to attract a lot of low-income residents. Lowell ave and Normal St. have some pretty bad apartment complexes.

Generally the area is a mix, racially and economically diverse. That particular area is a bit lower income than the surrounding neighborhoods. Just to the east is Windsor Hills which is a really nice residential neighborhood. Rolando is to the west which is also pretty well-kept. There is a big new development of brand new houses just to the south. You are close to the village which is great. University Ave is pretty dumpy and it gets nicer towards the village and dumpier as you go west into Rolando and City Heights.

Personally with rents that low I would be a bit skeptical, but do your due diligence and see if it works for you. It's not like SD City where you have a mix of professionals, renters, and homeowners. As a homeowner in the area I will say that a lot of my neighbors blame the problems in the area on the rentals and especially the apartment complexes, to the point that I doubt another apartment complex will ever be built around here. Ask your potential landlords about Section 8 tenants, I suspect that's why these rents are so low.

Last edited by NYSD1995; 11-17-2007 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego