Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,751 times

Advertisements

So I finally made the trip to San Diego – was only there for 2 days and 3 nights, didn’t get to see everything I wanted to, but… WOW!

You guys are extremely lucky to call this place home. The weather was beyond perfect, the hole-in-the wall Mexican food absolutely delicious, the people warm and friendly, and the beach cities atmosphere almost made me cancel my return ticket to DC!

Places I visited:

· Mission Beach
· Pacific Beach
· Gaslamp
· Seaport Village
· Little Italy
· Mission Valley, and the Fashion Valley mall
· Old Town

There’s so much more that I didn’t get to see, but that’s exactly what a second trip is for!

Someday, once all the logistics and ‘real life’ job related factors are sorted out, I will be back to call San Diego home.

I envy you all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 10:38 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Glad that you had a great time in our fine city, looks like you made it around to many areas.

Next time: Balboa Park/urban neighborhoods surrounding, La Jolla Coast Walk/Cove, Coronado, Sunset Cliffs/OB... - you still have much to explore.

Come on back soon!

Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Glad you enjoyed San Diego
Where you From O.P.?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:02 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
I just got back from San Diego on Saturday. My family and I spent two weeks out there enjoying it all. When the time is right we will be moving back.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 AM

@hitman619: I'm from the Washington DC area - Northern VA, to be precise.

@ T.Damon: Definitely. My major constraints during this trip were time and finances, I really wanted to make it out to La Jolla and Balboa Park in particular but I was short on time and running on a tight budget. I realized that you need atleast 4-5 days to fully enjoy all that San Diego has to offer.

Btw I must add - was pleasantly surprised by the public transportation system in San Diego, contrary to what I had heard before. I found the trolley to be very clean and convenient to access all the places I visited, and mostly on time (barring a couple of minor delays). From the Old Town transit center, you can easily get to the beach areas viathe MTS bus system in no time. I do realize that it may not be the best for daily work commute purposes and such, but for tourist/sightseeing purposes the daily $5 pass worked out perfectly fine

Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 AM

57 posts, read 95,864 times
PK12,
Glad you enjoyed your visit and hope that you can call San Diego home someday. I'm a DC native myself- grew up in Montgomery Co. MD and have friends & family in NOVA. I came out here for vacation back in 1997 and made the move for good in '99. With the exception that most of my family is still back east and I can't see them as often as I like, I haven't regretted the move one bit. I will never shovel snow again!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
San Diego is a wonderful city and it's no surprise that many people want to live here. I can't see that changing any time soon or in the distant future. It's always going to be a desirable city.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Here’s a Mexican food recommendation for you guys, in case you haven’t tried this place yet: Marcy’s, at Mission Beach.

$1.50 fish tacos, absolutely delicious and their salsas wrere really something else!! And they generally have a very extensive menu with all kinds of Mexican breakfast and lunch/dinner items. For about $6 you can eat like a king at a legit hole in the wall place

Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Here’s a Mexican food recommendation for you guys, in case you haven’t tried this place yet: Marcy’s, at Mission Beach.

$1.50 fish tacos, absolutely delicious and their salsas wrere really something else!! And they generally have a very extensive menu with all kinds of Mexican breakfast and lunch/dinner items. For about $6 you can eat like a king at a legit hole in the wall place
Yes, Marcy's is legit. We ate there and really liked it.

We found it comparable to other Mexican restaurants in San Diego, though. That just goes to show that people here really know how to make Mexican food!

Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
The good news is, the OP literally scratched the surface, hit the really touristy areas and still loved it.
Just wait until you really get out and see the place! You'll be in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego