Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 02:56 AM

5 posts, read 9,257 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am at the end of my contract with Sprint after 15 years and have decided to move due to increasingly bad service over the last few years and the cost. I am looking into a new provider and many friends / acquaintance's have said either AT&T or T-Mobile is the way to go. I currently do not have a "smart phone" but plan to get one. Most of the people I talk to rarely use the intended purpose of a cell phone, to make calls, so I am weary because my job requires a lot of talking on the phone. I currently experience very poor calls and many dropped / no service problems on sprint, that is the main reason I am moving away.

Any experience on which companies provide the best overall coverage of San Diego. I am literally in every part of the county on a given day so the most coverage is better, and of course good data would be nice but I do not intend to use it a lot, maybe the odd checking email / text picture / website, but I have internet at home for movies / music / whatever.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,427,070 times
Personally, I would stay away from AT&T. The worst customer service! As for cellphone service, we have Verizon and are completely happy with it We are in North County up in the hills and haven't had any problems. I've never NOT been able to get service anywhere I've been in SD.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,599,151 times
Last time we looked, Verizon had by far the best coverage.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,577,764 times
I live near Mission Bay. Both AT&T and Sprint will not work in our house. Verizon works Ok. Verizon is the best service we found for all around San Diego county.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
I have T-Mobile, and have no problems.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
I agree with the others. When I lived in SD Verizon was the absolute best. AT&T sucked. The only thing with Verizon is, if you visit Point Loma (like Cabrillo Moument) you will get a message saying "welcome to Mexico roaming charges apply" or something to that effect.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,746,218 times
I have a Verizon data plan and am generally satisfied with it.

However, when I go camping out on the fringes of the county (desert and mountains) my phone is often out of coverage while friends on AT&T and other providers can get a signal.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,277,162 times
What is a budget you would feel comfortable with for service? What price are you comfortable with for a device?

Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,427,070 times
Heads up on AT&T...I am forced to have our landline (needed to open a security gate) and Internet through them. I have lived here for 10 months and they still can not get my bill straight. I get a combo bill and for the first few months they were crediting everything towards my U verse. So had a huge credit on the Internet side, but my landline wasn't being credited. After umpteen phone calls, with each time assuring me it would be taken care of, I get a call they are going to shut down my landline for lack of payment! I'm furious, but the bill needs to be paid pronto, so stupid me gives the agent a CC over the phone. Normally, I would have used a Virtual CC, but AT&T Internet service was down. so I pulled out a CC that I never ever use.
Long story...but the jest of it, the agent, Sholanda ( I always write down names and times) used my CC in a half a dozen purchases and to pay rent! I had proof...and pressed charges. She no longer works for AT&T .
Have they gotten my bill straightened out yet? Nope!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
I have a Verizon data plan and am generally satisfied with it.

However, when I go camping out on the fringes of the county (desert and mountains) my phone is often out of coverage while friends on AT&T and other providers can get a signal.
Weird. I had no problems at all on Mt. Laguna. Sometimes I did on Palomar Mt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego