Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,858,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
who do they play next?
TCU at Viejas tomorrow night, then Utah at Viejas on Tuesday night, I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 AM

425 posts, read 959,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
It's kinda like Jets football. All the fans are in the closet until they begin to win!
Tell me about it, I'm a lifelong Jets fan and can't tell you how annoying all these "out of the woodwork" fans were, I went up to one guy and said "Hey, who's the Jets Running Back?" and he replied after a pause with "Curtis Martin" I just smiled and said thanks and walked away.

right answer, wrong year!

at least the Jets won the Patriots Bowl!

By the time I move out to SD, the Chargers may be in LA (or it could be the Raiders, Vikings or Jags) so I would not have to worry about conflict of intrest when the Jets come to town.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,571,156 times
Was At the game last night
Utah got destroyed
To the chick with brown hair about 5'10" jumping up and down in front me.
Call me please

Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,337,220 times
Awesome! Go Aztecs!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:02 PM

:Rofl: Were is this all coming from
Is the LDS getting to steve fisher now?

Quote:
letter From Steve Fisher to the SDSU Student Body Dear Aztec Faithful -
We know the energy and enthusiasm brought by The Show is what makes Viejas Arena one of the toughest home courts in the country. It is important to remember that when you are in the student section, you represent something greater than yourself. You represent San Diego State, and we need your help to make sure the representation of our university is a positive one. Our upcoming game against top ten opponent BYU will be televised nationally by CBS, and will be one of the biggest games in the respective histories of both programs. We always encourage The Show to continue to be the most creative, funny, and loudest student section in America, but we cannot cross the line into topics that are out of bounds and distasteful, particularly making fun of ones religion. Please discourage any chants or signs that cross this line. We will not permit signs that are derogatory or disrespectful of our opponent. Lets win this game, but in a respectful fashion befitting your university. GO AZTECS!
Steve Fisher
Head Basketball Coach

The Show has also been told by SDSU Athletics' Administration that shirts and signs will be checked before they are permitted to enter Viejas Arena. Please follow these rules:

Signs must be no larger than 20 inches x 20 inches.
All signs will be checked for content.
Any signs or shirts deemed to be inappropriate, derogatory or offensive will not be permitted into the arena.
Any signs or shirts snuck into the arena that are inappropriate, derogatory or offensive will result in the ejection of bearer of the item.
That being said, we have been told that the "I Poked Jimmer's Girlfriend" shirts will not be allowed in the Arena. Again, sneaking it in could result in being kicked out. "Missionary gear" will be allowed.
Ive Gone to a couple of games this year and those Kids can get a little nutty at times
but for the most part are pretty tamed.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:13 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,858,154 times
I have too and I love The Show and the atmosphere at Viejas. It's electric. But I don't like bringing religion into sports and the anti-Mormon sentiment around the BYU game is distasteful. Dressing up like Mormon missionaries in white shirts, black ties and bike helmets is sort of a funny image I guess, but I don't like mixing sports and religion in general. So hopefully it's a good game and the Aztecs win.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM

6,898 posts, read 8,952,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
IDressing up like Mormon missionaries in white shirts, black ties and bike helmets is sort of a funny image I guess, .
You have to be kidding?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,337,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
I have too and I love The Show and the atmosphere at Viejas. It's electric. But I don't like bringing religion into sports and the anti-Mormon sentiment around the BYU game is distasteful. Dressing up like Mormon missionaries in white shirts, black ties and bike helmets is sort of a funny image I guess, but I don't like mixing sports and religion in general. So hopefully it's a good game and the Aztecs win.
I completely agree

Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 PM

6,898 posts, read 8,952,777 times
Come on. Stay classy San Diego (SDSU). I should know, being a Cameron Crazee alum, where it all began.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 PM

No need to start a new thread.
One more game!
I predict a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego