Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 PM

123 posts, read 357,742 times

Advertisements

Have you looked into Canyon Crest in the Riverside area? When I lived out that way in Moreno Valley a lot of younger/college types hung out in that area because the college wasn't that far away. It's a nice little community with restaurants, movie theater, coffee bars and quaint stores. It's about an hour (guess) from Ontario airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 07:20 PM

97 posts, read 579,194 times
I'm a little older so doing the "social thing" isn't particularly important anymore but as far as a place to live for me given your situation, I'd probably go for Chino Hills. It has the same rural/suburban feel as Murrieta/Temecula but you'll be much closer to the action and still have a decent quality of life. Your trips to Riverside will be going against traffic too. Better quality housing = less riff raff and rentals than down in the 909'er flatlands. Living down in Murrieta/Temecula has always seemed to me to be tucked away in the corner of nowheresville with an hour drive to get to somewheresville.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:39 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,917,417 times
They're both equally dreary.

Maybe someday when they get that high speed rail line built...

Old 05-22-2010, 05:32 PM

97 posts, read 579,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
They're both equally dreary.

Maybe someday when they get that high speed rail line built...
and you're expecting the Garden of Eden in the middle of 10 million people?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:53 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,232,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregJ View Post
and you're expecting the Garden of Eden in the middle of 10 million people?

lol Exactly. Nice towns those. Albeit Cookie Cutter Heaven.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:18 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,809,137 times
I love Temecula, even though I don't live there. I was just there yesterday. They have a farmers market on Wed. at the mall, and again on Sat. in downtown I was told. I drove all down Rancho California where all the wineries are. Saw signs for a barn dance, concerts, bar-b-ques, and horseback riding through the vineyards. Lots more to do there of the type of entertainment I like than where I am. May not be for everyone though. My sister lived in San Diego, and always thought suburbia was boring. She's a downtown kind of person. So I think it depends on what you are looking for.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:21 PM

97 posts, read 349,140 times
Murrieta hands down. My cousin lives there and loves it. Gorgeous part of Cali.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:00 AM

17 posts, read 81,758 times
I agree Murrieta is so much nicer than Temecula.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 AM

66 posts, read 138,887 times
Well to answer your question, I live in Temecula and think it is one of the most beautiful cities in SoCal. I drive all over Riverside County and there is no comparison, including Murrietta.

And it is no accident. When Temecula started to really grow 20 years ago, the city did something really smart and required developers/business's to plant extensive landscaping on the street frontage of the properties they developed. The do it in Murrietta too, just not as extensively, and I don't see it in many other areas in the county on the same scale. It makes a big difference. Also, everything is relatively new here and as time goes by the city is just going to look better and better.

I've lived here 15 years and have had many people tell me that Temecula has a different feel to it. In my opinion, that is one of the reasons why. When you get here, look around and you will see what I mean. I doesn't look like someone just planted a bunch of houses in the desert like a lot of other areas do.

There is plenty to do here if people want to look for it. There is always something going on in Old Town, the Wine Country area is very beautiful and constantly expanding and the area is starting to draw people from all over the country. And as far as making friends, it is no different than anywhere else. If you want them, they are here.

One other good thing about living here is the clear, cool nights with the skies full of stars. Good Luck in your search.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 AM

3 posts, read 9,753 times
Default Murrieta or Beaumont

Could any one give me information to which of the two (Murrieta /Beaumont) is a better place to live at in regards to:
Weather
Attractions
Overall good housing investment
Family friendly environment

Please be specific...

Last edited by ccojl333; 09-05-2010 at 02:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties