Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 19,876 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone:
Anyone fimilair with the dos lagos area.We are very interested in a house inside the prestigious gated community of Temescal Heights at Dos Lagos.They have some nice houses.But after doing some research online i have notice there is website post Promenade Shops at Dos Lagos mall falls into foreclosure post Link(Future of Promenade Shops at Dos Lagos as uncertain as the economy | Business | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California (http://www.pe.com/business/local/stories/PE_Biz_S_doslagos22.414a341.html - broken link)).But this post was post one years ago.If this really going to happen,I am pretty sure will affect the housing market around the area.Does anyone have any idea about this?Please help.
Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:00 PM

93 posts, read 279,353 times
I haven't heard anything recently, but I do know it has struggled. It's got some great stores and some great places to eat, but not sure what will happen with it. One of the main things working against the shopping center is it's practically invisible from the freeway that runs right next to it. If it can push through the economic slump it has the potential to do well long-term.

At the same time, just up the road (like 3 minutes away literally at the Cajalco Road) is a great shopping center with tons of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater.

Not sure if that's helpful....

Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,960,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelovato View Post
At the same time, just up the road (like 3 minutes away literally at the Cajalco Road) is a great shopping center with tons of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater.
Was anybody around when there was nothing between Lake Elsinore and El Cerrito?

It just sounds so weird to me to hear that there's a shopping center off of Cajalco Road.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 PM

93 posts, read 279,353 times
I've only been around Riverside since 98 and that whole area's development has happened since then. I think the first shopping center on Cajalco went in maybe 5 or 6 years ago. That whole stretch of the 15 has houses along it now between Corona and Elsinore.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 19,876 times
Here is another article i found Before reading the article below, I noticed that The Promenade Shops at Dos Lagos is no longer listed on the Poag & McEwen website. See here: Poag & McEwen Here is the article regarding Dos Lagos: I sure hope, for the sake of the community, shop owners, investors, and everyone else, that Dos Lagos will grow into a successful center as it was originally intented. For your reading pleasure: CMBS disaster: The Dos Lagos Promenade The Dos Lagos Promenade is a massive retail commercial real estate development in Southern California, in the city of Corona. It is a part of a pool of the J.P. Morgan Chase Commercial Mortgage Securities Trust 2008-C2. The pool has a total balance of $1.16 billion. 83% of the pool matures by 2017 and 2018. Dos Lagos composes 10.7% of the pool, and has a loan balance of $125 million that matures in Aug 1, 2017. The loan number is JPMC08C20001. The link below shows the details. Dos Lagos Prom is found on page 28. SEC Info - J/P/Morgan Chase Commercial Mortgage Securities Trust 2008-C2 - 10-D - For 8/12/08 - EX-99.1 Dos Lagos Promenade has not made debts for the last 2 months. The monthly payment is $650,000 or a total of $7.8 million a year. Moreover, property taxes are roughly $250,000 a month or 3 million a year. Thus, Dos Lagos has to generate at least $900,000 a month in rent just to cover taxes and interest payments!!! Insurance is also a issue but im leaving that number out because of tenant agreements. So we have a 125 million dollar loan that is already in default. The ballon payment of 125 million is due in 7 years. It is a interest only loan. Even assuming that the retail mega center was not in default how in the world were they ever planning on paying the ballon payment?? Even if the place generated 2 million a month in rents, that would leave only 1 million in profits (also exclude for taxes 700k). With 700k a month X 12 $8.4 million a year. 8.4 X 7 years= $60 million. That doesnt even cover half of the ballon payment. Obviously the bozos who entered into this deal were assuming that with rising property values and equity in the property that they would be able to either sell it or refi the note. Unfortunately for them and many others the exact opposite happened. So we have Dos Lagos in default for 2 months now. They cant even make the $650,000 a month in payments. I personally know a few tenants that have shops there and the rent is killer, with some guy paying $20,000 a month to rent a 3500 square foot pad for a restaurant. The guy has been putting money into the place for months now. Hes willing to give up the lease, with no cost for the business. The property value at this point for the entire promenade is probably around 80-90 million. Whoever is sitting on the note is going to take a massive hit because in addition to Dos Lagos there are 2 hotels that are in default in the pool as well. Two large hotels make up a portion of the pool and the $110 million balloon payment is due on Jan 1, 2017. 20% of the pool is in default and the pool was formed in May 2008! Not even 2 years and this deal has gone horribly bad. Just a inside look at what is going on in the murky and messed up world of structured ponzi finance. Thank you JPM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties