Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:58 AM

376 posts, read 1,506,572 times

Advertisements

Air quality in the IE is an issue but it does depend on the location. Google Inland Air Quality and you will get a lot of information. There are areas where the breeze is better and pushes out the bad air, then there is issues with methane gas due to all the old dairy farms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 AM

7 posts, read 27,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
You can search here, but pollution is bad in most of inland so cali.
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Chino Hills air quality gets an 11 out of 100, 100 being best, national average is 48.
Inland Emprire is huge. (It includes:Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and the Pomona Valley). So, to help you need to be a bit more specific. San Bernardino County by itself is the largest county in the contiguous United States by area.
MBG
Fortunately I don't have asthma, but I have to dispute what this girl is saying. I've lived in Chino Hills since 1989 and have always felt the air quality is pretty good here. San Bernardino County is huge; one of the biggest counties in the country so I would bet that the statistics take into consideration the entire county. Some parts of San Bernardino County such as the cities that are nestled in the northern section of the valley do get a lot of pollution because of the inversion layers that bunch up against those mountains, but in Chino Hills which lies just east of the Chino Hills State Park there is a cool breeze that literally comes through each afternoon and blows fresh air right down into the Chino Valley. I swear, I've never noticed pollution to be bad here at all. Chino Hills is in the southern most and western most portion of San Bernardino County. You can't use county statistics to measure air quality here. It is very unique.

Last edited by Yac; 01-08-2008 at 04:33 AM..

Old 03-24-2008, 12:10 PM

7 posts, read 19,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanseev View Post
I also agree with the Temecula area...it doesn't get nearly as smoggy as other places in the Inland Empire. Temecula, French Valley (Winchester), Murrieta....you'll be fine with any of those.

It really does amaze me when going from this area into Corona/Riverside what a difference it makes..you can actually see it!!!

Temecula gets a "sea" breeze through the Rainbow Valley which I've been told is why it doesn't get as smoggy as the other areas.
Ya, I'm from Riverside and they crime is pretty high. Like when you go to Eastside or CB.
Very dangerous!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM

7 posts, read 19,981 times
Wow, whoever is saying that Riverside is safe needs to go do some research. Black vs Mexican volence is happening everyday in Riverside.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:33 PM

31 posts, read 100,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewlet View Post

Oh by the way Chino which is next to Chino Hills. Dont speed in that city they tend to pull you over and shoot you for no apparent reason. Just thought you might want to know that.

Dear Hewlet,

I am planning to buy home in Chino , In College park ( Euclid and Edison intersection ) but your post sounds scary to me. can you give some details about chino.

Thank you.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:41 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,209,128 times
i don't have a lot of experience with chino, but i've been through it and never felt in danger. also, if a situation like hewlet mentioned ever happened, it would be on the news and i haven't heard of story like that come out of any neighborhoods besides the worst ones in LA for a looooooooooooooong time.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:26 PM

9 posts, read 32,720 times
San Dimas is pretty nice. I'd say Diamond Bar is also very good.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:28 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,285,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammi43 View Post
Dear Hewlet,

I am planning to buy home in Chino , In College park ( Euclid and Edison intersection ) but your post sounds scary to me. can you give some details about chino.

Thank you.
Hi rammi43,
I think he was referring to this incident:
FBI begins probe of U.S. airman's shooting in Chino - DailyBulletin.com

Not sure what happened, what the situation was, or whether the Sheriff's deputy was at fault or the guy... but the guy and his buddy was driving 100+mph in a residential zone and crashed the car.

-chuck22b

Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 PM

9 posts, read 32,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewlet View Post
Chino Hills is a nice city. The problem is that it is turning into there neighbor slightly to the west of them. A city by the name of Diamond Bar

It is becoming a city over ran with development. And a lot of congestion.
There is room to build even more housing which will cause even more overcrowding. This will happen unless the city governs a no growth plan.

This will likely not happen since more growth means more tax revenue.

Driving in Chino Hills at rush hour is like diamond bar bumper to bumper
traffic. Now lets discuss the Diamond Bar drug problem. You may ask how does this effect Chino Hills. Let me try and explain. Diamond Bar Blvd runs from pathfinder road and through the city. Diamond Bar Blvd turns in to Mission Blvd at temple Which in turn is now Pomona. Please see crime and and drug related crime for the city 2005 and 2006. Chino hills and diamond bar are butted up against Pomona.

And actually the worst part of the Pomona is the neighbor hood just north of Chino hills next to Phillips Ranch. There is a small enclave of gangs and drug houses by the hand full. Remember the cop that was shot next to the Humane society a few years back.That gang member lived in that
neighborhood.
On weekends they drive down mission Blvd in Pomona south bound across temple into Diamond Bar. This is where they sell there drugs to the bored rich kids lined up in parking lots of retail stores that line Diamond Bar Blvd. Its a complete stop and shop. And of course "the I was here tagging left behind".

Which I must say Diamond Bar keeps up with the removal. Now lets see what they do in Chino Hills.
I know it's a little too late to be responding to this, but ummm, why are you so negative? You make DB seem worse than Pomona. I live in Diamond Bar and its actually not as bad as you portray it to be. Traffic: yeah, the traffic can get pretty bad but hey, its SoCal. And two of the most important freeways in the tricounty area pass right through the city. Pretty much any city in this area (SoCal in general) has traffic.
Drugs: Umm, every city has its drug users/problems and one of the only problems DB has really had was what, last year? They did their best to fix the problem. DB doesnt have a really big problem with drugs, to the point where the city is contaminated with them. I mean, as others stated, any city, including those with money, has its drug issues.
Graffiti: The wall across the street from my house has been tagged very few times since I've lived here (18 years.... pretty much my whole life) and the city ALWAYS comes and removes it within a few hours. I rarely see graffiti anywhere else in the city.
Pomona: I live right at the DB/Pomona border; heck, they sometimes even consider us Pomona, and although Pomona is a really bad area, it doesnt affect DB too much. I dont think its right to just blame Pomona for everything either. People from other cities could come and wreck havok.
I think you're a little too pessimistic. EVERY city has its good and bad, you just have to be content with you have. Better than living in Latin America or Africa, or Detroit or St. Louis, etc.

To the original poster of the tread, Diamond Bar is a nice area. The city council does a really good job of trying to keep the community safe and content. Chino Hills is also a nice area, very clean and "new."

Last edited by angels.usc_fan; 03-25-2008 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM

7 posts, read 27,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammi43 View Post
Dear Hewlet,

Thank you.
That was an irresponsible post. Chino has its own police department and it is a model of good policing. Sure they give out speeding tickets, what police station doesn't? They don't shoot people randomly. Chino is a nice town and growing a lot. A brand new college is going in. Lots of shopping and new homes too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties