Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyown8 View Post
I am a single lady recently on my own considering moving to the desert area from Orange County. I love Heat! My concerns are safety, hospital access (because I have quite a few medical issues) and freeways (because I don't drive them.) And, money.

I am really looking for a small town with easy access to everything.

Any suggestions?
Does it have to be in the Coachella Valley?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 927 times
Default palm desert warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghandler View Post
Hi All,

There is a possibility of my husband becoming employed in Palm Desert. His place of employment, should he get the job, will be in Palm Desert itself. If we are moving there here are a few things I'd like information on from those who know....we have never been to the area at all.

1) Is it realistic to think we could find a single-family home which is NOT in a gaited community, not a condo or town house....on a half acre or more, within a 30 minute drive to Palm Desert proper? We want a little space for our large dogs and toddler daughter. Hopefully within a price range of about $140 - 250k.

2) We have a two year old daughter and we will be interested in decent schools as well as a safe area to live. I have heard to stay away from Desert Hot Springs and Cathedral City. Why? Are there other questionable areas we should avoid?

3) What are opinions of raising a child in the area?

4) How often are rattle snakes and other venomous creatures sighted?

5) Are there flea problems for pets there?

6) Are there any weird dog laws there? Breed bans or manditory spay laws?

7) Are there ever earthquakes there?

8) What are the nearest natural areas such as state parks, national parks, how far to the nearest beach....I know it isn't on the ocean, by the way!

9) Can you all give me any real life experience of living there?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, I just read your message hope I am not to late, my name is Charles Johnson I have lived in this area most of my life I am 49 years old, my advise to anyone wanting to live here, stay where your at this area is a nightmare I don't care where you live here this area is infested with Mexican cartels selling meth to anyone who will buy it. My wife has literally work at every school in this valley of 25 years and recommend you take your children elsewhere as this entire area is infested with Mexican gangs and there in every single school I know this as fact we worked for the after school program with the boys and girl clubs age 5 and up gangs have found there ways into the elementary system as well a very bad situation. desert hot springs is a prison release town for sex offenders and hardened criminals the entire town is fill with thieves, drug attics and home invaders who rob you while your at work this a tweeters paradise and the stinking everywhere her in the valley, cathedral city is the worst of them all we lived only 1/2 mile from this town weekends are filled with cartel gun battles. this is a high earthquake zone as we literally live on the top of the Andréa's fault. earthquakes are a monthly event even only minor, rattlesnakes are abundant in all rocky areas, killer bees are throughout the entire valley but encounters are rare, the brown recluse spider is the most dangerous insect and it can be found everywhere here, if you have the funds there are secure gated communities here in the valley. jobs are almost non existent here as the Mexican run everything around here and they rarely hire gringos regardless of your education its literally like living in Mexico and the Whiteman is the enemy here. This is a honest true assessment of this valley I would not recommend this area at all to anyone even if I liked you or hated you this area is for drug dealers and the scum that follows think im full of it I dare you to move here and find out for yourself. all pit-bull or bully type dogs must be nudered or just not allowed in most rentals here. I personally witnessed a murder here walking out of a kmart one day a maniac escaped a san Francisco prison and found his way here and killed a 15 year old girl in front of about 20 others and myself in broad daylight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 AM

4,139 posts, read 2,840,147 times
I live here too, and your post is insane.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:17 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alapaha man View Post
cathedral city is the worst of them all we lived only 1/2 mile from this town weekends are filled with cartel gun battles
Yes, I remember Bulldog Bill Feingold advertising the weekly cartel gun battle on his KNEWS talk show, sponsored by Vons and your local Volkswagen dealer.

NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties