Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:33 AM

4 posts, read 25,476 times

Advertisements

Hallo, We Are Relocating To California, My Husband Is Going To Work Out Of Rancho Cucamonga, So We Are Looking Close To That Area, I Found That Rancho Is Very Expensive.

How Is The Temecula Area??? And Schools??? I have only been to Palm Springs, so I don't know California at all, I just know that it is very expensive, but I am really looking forward to a change.

I would really appreciate any info about the area.

Thanks so much.
Kind Regards,
Lu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2006, 09:47 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,486,143 times
Pros:
clean, safe, good schools.

Cons:
expensive, hot, bad traffic, few high-paying jobs. Very "pre-fab" feel - tract homes and strip malls.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 12,514 times
As a former Temecula resident, I can say that it is very nice.

The schools are very clean, no violence or anything of that sort. If you are looking for private/Catholic schools, a good one to go to would be St. Jeanne de Lestonnac. Friendly staff and faculty, good kids.

If you are looking for a house in the wine country area of Temecula, it will definitely be on a higher price range, maybe $500,000 to anywhere around $2 million, most likely.

The city also has Old Town Temecula, which is where Temecula first started, it hosts the Hot Rod event which I believe is every October and February? Something like that.

..Hope I could help! If you have anymore questions, ask me!

Old 10-30-2006, 11:03 PM

852 posts, read 3,815,633 times
Temecula is pleasant suburbia, but there's no reason to live there if the job is in Rancho Cucamonga, which is a traffic-filled drive on the 15. I'd pick upper Upland or Claremont instead.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:44 PM

4 posts, read 20,172 times
I've lived in Temecula since 2002. I like it alot. I commuted to Fontana for 3 years - which isn't far from Rancho Cucamonga. It was a HORRIBLE commute and it has only gotten worse. I do not recommend it.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 PM

4 posts, read 20,172 times
But to be honest... i think Fontana is a gross city... i'm not a fan of LA or San Bernadino Counties.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 25,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I've lived in Temecula since 2002. I like it alot. I commuted to Fontana for 3 years - which isn't far from Rancho Cucamonga. It was a HORRIBLE commute and it has only gotten worse. I do not recommend it.

What cities would you recommend???? It is so hard when youre not there to see for yourself. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:10 AM

76 posts, read 400,187 times
If your husband is going to be working in Rancho Cucamonga and you dont want a huge commute there are a number of nice cities trouble wld be how affordable they are. Are you looking to rent or buy? And what price range wld be your biggest resrictions I feel.

I live in North Fontana and my children go to Etiwanda schools, housing here runs around 50-100K cheaper than the same thing in Rancho but if you can afford the higher price a Rancho Cucamonga address is worth it I feel. Rancho Cucamonga itself is a very nice area but large.

I wld think easy commutes that are worth looking into would be Yucaipa probably around 30 min and more rural. Alta Loma, I am pretty sure it use to be part of Rancho or vice versa it is also expensive however by my standards. Corona, Mira Loma both have lots of new housing also. In LA county there are some more quaint towns LaVerne, SanDimmas, Claremont within easy commuting distance but again pricey but good schools.

Good Luck. Feel free to keep asking questions as you look things up if I have any info I will pass it along.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,405 times
Temecula is nice, clean and safe! However, it is a far drive into Rancho! My husband works around the Rancho area and we're in Hemet (Ugh) for now, until we purchase a home in Yucaipa, it's a drive from here! A couple areas worth checking into are Grand Terrace (I use to live there) it was and still is a nice area and fairly close to Rancho!! Also, Loma Linda and Redlands are nice areas too, prices tend to be high but not any higher than Rancho, as far as I have seen. Check out these areas too. Good luck!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:02 AM

359 posts, read 1,312,878 times
Default are you sure about the commute?

yes i was reading your post when i thought about the commute, then i saw what someone else said abou it. I too wonder why anyone would work in Rancho and live in temecula? You won't find housing cheaper in Temucla at all? If Rancho is too high, try Upland, parts of North Ontario, mayyyybe Claremont NORTHERN San Bernadino (thats a big maybe). You will be on that fwy for three hours if you do what ur thinking. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu77 View Post
Hallo, We Are Relocating To California, My Husband Is Going To Work Out Of Rancho Cucamonga, So We Are Looking Close To That Area, I Found That Rancho Is Very Expensive.

How Is The Temecula Area??? And Schools??? I have only been to Palm Springs, so I don't know California at all, I just know that it is very expensive, but I am really looking forward to a change.

I would really appreciate any info about the area.

Thanks so much.
Kind Regards,
Lu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties