Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Inland Empire city?
Riverside 19 20.00%
San Bernardino 3 3.16%
Fontana 2 2.11%
Moreno Valley 2 2.11%
Rancho Cucamonga 18 18.95%
Ontario 3 3.16%
Corona 6 6.32%
Victorville 1 1.05%
Murrieta 11 11.58%
Other 30 31.58%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:37 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,812,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Different people have different opinions - and that's the whole point of the thread - we don't have to come to a consensus! It's perfectly fine for all of us to have our own opinions about these cities, and to share them here.

Back on topic, I don't think anyone has mentioned Lake Elsinore yet - but it's one of my favorite cities as well. I love the little downtown area. Love that there are some major recreational attractions. And love that it's so close to the Ortega Highway, which in my opinion is the best way to get to Orange County. If I ever have to work in Orange County on a full time basis, I might very well end up living in Lake Elsinore.
I agree that we don't need to come to consensus and it is good that we don't. If we all agreed then it would get pretty crowded in that selected place.

I definitely don't agree on Lake Elsinore and the Ortega highway. Lake Elsinore has too many run down areas. The lake is OK from the distance but not very attractive up close. The Ortega highway is a nightmare during commute time. It is a twisty narrow 2 lane road with a lot of cowboys that think it is a race track. The first time I went to Lake Elsinore many years ago, the lake was bone dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,422,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
The Ortega highway is a nightmare during commute time. It is a twisty narrow 2 lane road with a lot of cowboys that think it is a race track.
It's also a very beautiful drive through the mountains. If you like mountain driving, and I do, then it can be a really nice drive!

Old 11-25-2011, 10:13 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,812,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
It's also a very beautiful drive through the mountains. If you like mountain driving, and I do, then it can be a really nice drive!
I agree that it is a beautiful drive. However not the sort of drive you want to do everyday for commuting. I know many people including our daughter that commute to Orange county. They use 91, as bad as it is, to avoid the Ortega Highway.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:01 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,579,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Hometown Buffet is a buffet and what type of people love buffets? Fat people...it wasn't a big stretch.

There is actually alot of stuff north of the 10 off Hospitality which goes back and forth between San Bern and Loma Linda.
You're just joking, right?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:46 AM

2,963 posts, read 5,489,666 times
Weird thing is, Loma Linda is one of the world's identified "Blue Zones", or specific regions identified for high longevity along with Okinawa (Japan), Sardinia (Italy), Nikoya (Costa Rica), and Ikaria (Greece). Interesting, no?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:58 AM

250 posts, read 416,190 times
I used to like Rancho Cucamonga...now it's wall to wall houses like all the other cities in the IE...and full of gang bangers.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:05 AM

3,322 posts, read 8,028,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
You're just joking, right?

Nope. Hometown Buffet is the Walmart of buffets. You want cheap crappy food, you go to Hometown Buffet.

Not sure why anyone in the world would defend Hometown Buffet. Next time you go to one, just do a mental imagine of the obese ratio and think of this thread.

The only people I don't give a hard time about Hometown Buffet are old people. I usually give old people a free pass...except with driving.

And yes, I pick on fat people because being fat is a choice regardless of how slow your metabolism and thyroid is. You can't do anything about getting old hence why I give old people a free pass.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:06 AM

250 posts, read 416,190 times
LOL @ Except with driving...

Old 11-26-2011, 01:26 AM

3,322 posts, read 8,028,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post

There is no part of Loma Linda city proper that goes north of the 10.

And yeah, actually it was a pretty big stretch. Not all of the clientele is fat. Just hungry. And cheap (and/or below average income). Or may like good value. Or has lots of mouths to feed. Or just really enjoys their lower-than-average quality food.

I'm fat and I go to Hometown Buffet a couple of times a year (rather, its incarnation in Colorado known as Country Buffet). I'm the last person who would make a joke about said restaurant, or the people who might go there, and the last to make a joke about anybody for any reason, even if it is "a stretch".

Put Gould St, Loma Linda in a google maps search. It says N. Loma Linda which isn't a real city so its part of Loma Linda. If its not city proper, I don't care...you are being beyond picky if that is going to be your argument stance. GPS devices, postal service, the company I work (a company any SoCal native would instantly know), and 90% of people will consider it Loma Linda.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:23 AM

13,827 posts, read 30,164,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Put Gould St, Loma Linda in a google maps search. It says N. Loma Linda which isn't a real city so its part of Loma Linda. If its not city proper, I don't care...you are being beyond picky if that is going to be your argument stance. GPS devices, postal service, the company I work (a company any SoCal native would instantly know), and 90% of people will consider it Loma Linda.
Actually, interestingly enough, it is within the limits of the city of San Bernardino (but with a Loma Linda address as you stated).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties