Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM

4 posts, read 82,667 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, need your inputs.. we wanna buy a nice house in a decent area. we have a 2 yr old and another on the way. we work in downey and whittier. we both grew up in cerritos-- small houses, very expensive. we're kinda narrowing down to chino hills, chino, corona (eastvale). houses in eastvale are newer, nicer, good sized but i can smell the cows..i already have looked at houses in eastvale. chino hills seem to be more expensive than chino.
1. so is it wort it to pay extra 50-100 K in chino hills?
2. which parts are the "prime areas" of each cities?
3. which parts are bad?
4. where are the better schools? (will appreceiate specifics)

Hope to hear from you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 05:31 PM

23 posts, read 110,331 times
Default RE: Chino VS Chino Hills VS Eastvale

Eastvale is actually a city of its own, and not part of Corona. It is growing pretty fast, is a lot newer, with bigger houses like you said. The cow smell is worse on the west end by Archibald, and north by Limonite. South East you barely smell the cows, maybe once every 2 weeks in the winter when it rains. You forget about the smell in summer unless you go right up to the cows. Actually, you smell the cows in Chino as well. Overall, I think Eastvale has the most potential to turn out into a very nice city in a few years. Chino Hills is you get what you see.

1. Like you said its a lot less expensive than chino hills so I would prefer Eastvale. There is still a lot of activity going on in Eastvale in terms of people moving in and out. The old buyers are moving out, and new families moving in.

2. Not sure what are the prime areas of Eastvale, but depends on the house types and builders and community. There is a new gated community being builty by Schleisman/Archibald, but the houses are smaller compared to the older houses.
Not too sure about Chino Hills, but most of the Chino Hills is pretty nice.
Chino is older than both cities, though there are nice pockets in Chino. The preserve in Chino is a very nice new community still being built.

3. I am not sure if there are any bad parts of Eastvale, maybe the ones where it smells most, north of Limonite?

4. Schools are new and I heard are pretty good, especially the elementary schools. Though Diamond Bar school district is considered one of the best which some areas of Chino Hill might fall under.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:17 AM

1 posts, read 25,393 times
1. I can't tell you one way or another whether it's worth it to spend more to live in Chino Hills. If money isn't tight, I would say yes.
2. I have lived in Chino and Chino Hills for 20 years. The southwestern area of Chino is generally pretty nice. The western area of Chino Hills is closer to shopping and community activities than the southeastern area.
3. The only bad area of Chino Hills is near Los Serranos country club. In Chino, there are different areas that aren't so great. I would avoid the area south of Riverside Dr. between Central and Ramona. Not too sure about the area east of Central and south of Riverside. East of Mountain, all areas are generally Ok, maybe a little smelly and windier. The area near Central and I-60 is one to avoid.
4. My kids have gone to schools in Chino Hills their whole lives, Rolling Ridge Elementary, Canyon Hills Jr. High and Ayala High School. All are (were) great schools for this day and age. Ayala earned a California Distinguished School award this year, the first school in the district to get such an award. The school district keeps slashing the budget, but that's going on state-wide.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 PM

2 posts, read 27,233 times
Each of these cities have their pros and cons. I recently moved from Chino Hills to Chino (The Preserve) and one thing that I love is that the Preserve seems to have a lot of young families. There's a K-8 school within walking distance from most of the homes, the neighborhood is safe, and it's an overall nice community to live in. Cons are the cow smell from time to time, and many of the homes in the Preserve don't have large yards if that's what you're looking for. Also, I find myself driving to Chino Hills for shopping, eating, etc as there isn't much around to choose from. There are other nice parts of Chino too, but I am not as familiar with where these are at.

I grew up in Chino Hills and would have purchased my home here if I could afford it. That being said, it is quite a bit more expensive than Eastvale and Chino, and doesn't seem to have as much home inventory. Chino Hills is a better location for commuting, as it's a little closer to major freeways. The only area that probably isn't the greatest is the Los Serranos area, but I'm not even sure how 'bad' that area really is. Only con I can think of for Chino Hills are the prices!

I also looked in Eastvale when I purchased my home, but was a bit concerned with the volume of houses foreclosing, on the market etc. It's hard to tell how a neighborhood will turn out when investors are scooping up the properties left and right, most likely to be rented or re-sold. Overall it seems to be a nice city with a lot of large, newer homes. It is also getting more in terms of shopping and entertainment.

Good luck in finding your new home!

Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM

74 posts, read 242,912 times
1. I would say that Chino Hills is a better option, but it depends on what you want. Chino Hills has convenient amenities that the other two do not (much more shopping close to house, food, groceries, banks, clothes, etc.) and its location is more central to your jobs. It is a much more "suburban/developed" feel than the others, which are more like brand new subdivisions in the middle of a field with nothing around.
2. Prime areas of Chino Hills include everywhere except Los Serranos (north of golf course). Chino: Anything that is new, basically. Eastvale: pretty much everything.
3. Just avoid Los Serranos, everywhere else that you're interested in is great.
4.Chino Hills has a great school district as does Eastvale (Corona-Norco Unified). Chino will not be as great.

*All of these are nice communities, with my ranking (in terms of community and amenities) being 1)Chino Hills 2)Eastvale and 3) Chino. All have what you are looking for, so it just comes down to schools and commute.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 PM

24 posts, read 72,107 times
I've lived in Chino Hills. That's THE single best city in the IE. Chino and Eastvale do not compare. Moderator cut: trolling

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-17-2011 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: trolling

Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 AM

14 posts, read 79,832 times
I live in Chino for the past 11 years. New development by Lewis Homes (later bought by KB Homes) at the time. Have an Uncle who lived in Chino Hills for 14 years, again new home development at the time. Now looking at moving to Eastvale.....

Here are my 2 cents...for having a 2 years old child in mind. Eastvale is a new city, meaning new school district, new school, and most importantly better material and equipments. If you do a search, in the past year the school rating is not far behind Diamond Bar and other school in terms of quality of teachers and facilities.

At the moment, Eastvale has the land so you could still get a fairly decent size house and lot for the price compared with Chino Hill and Chino.

What you SERIOUSLY have to take into consideration is your commute to work. Where do you work. If WEST is the direction, CHINO HILL is definitely closer in the morning by 30 minutes because it will take 30 minutes from Eastvale to 57/60 junction in the morning.

Plus Eastvale, the lower part closer to River Rd has a higher % of flooding. Another cost you will need to consider is Flood insurance and CFD taxes.

CHINO has a nice community called College Park right now primary owned by Lennar Homes and Standard Pacific Homes. Smaller lot, but nice community and well built. If you plan to live in CHINO stay on the east side. New homes, new communities, and less local traffics.

I would, in my opinion, avoid CHINO HILL due to the price and older homes. They have no more land for new developments. It is crowded and prices are higher.

My Ranking would be

1) Chino 2) Eastvale 3) Chino Hills

Old 09-27-2011, 03:11 AM

thanks for the input! we're still looking.. chino hills is almost out of the equation due to price. we're now more focusing on Chino around Edwin Rhodes and Howard Cattle Elementary schools (Chino/san antonio/schaeffer area).. any thoughts???

Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,012,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybeezy45 View Post
thanks for the input! we're still looking.. chino hills is almost out of the equation due to price. we're now more focusing on Chino around Edwin Rhodes and Howard Cattle Elementary schools (Chino/san antonio/schaeffer area).. any thoughts???
I ride my bike down in that area and it's definitely one of the nicest parts of Chino. There's a fairly new development west of Euclid and south of Eucalyptus that is really nice. I would just make sure to do your homework on the schools and figure out if they meet your standards.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 AM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
I ride my bike down in that area and it's definitely one of the nicest parts of Chino. There's a fairly new development west of Euclid and south of Eucalyptus that is really nice. I would just make sure to do your homework on the schools and figure out if they meet your standards.
we're interested in a house near Rhodes Elem (rank 10). the other one is cattle elem (rank 8), we're gonna find out tommorow which one it is. noticed on one of your replies to another thread, dunbar42, that there's houses in chino hills that go for around 350K ? where are those at? coz that's around our budget! hope to hear from you! thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties