Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM

126 posts, read 363,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst0n View Post
maybe since its in stone oak, it will be an organic mcdonalds ...
you made me giggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 05:03 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,341,813 times
my daughter asked what was being built there today and I told her a mcdonalds and just as i feared she said, "great -- now I can ask to go there every time we drive by." But, then she added, "But, I already know the answer. No." Ah, she knows her mommy well. McDonalds is a "treat" that I unwillingly agree to maybe twice a year.

Hate that it's being built on that corner. Aren't there enough of those places in the world already!?!?

Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 PM

321 posts, read 1,070,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmommy View Post
great, just what we need That's right across from the gym where I work as a trainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Mutually exclusive clientele would be my guess. Something for everyone.

Actually I would say this McDonald's will eventually drive more business to your gym. You should feel comfortable in making that big purchase you've always wanted. You have job security.

I restrict my 8 year old to about a once a month visit, as a treat, and am glad we won't have to drive outside of the neighborhood anymore, but would have preferred a less prominent corner.

Now if we can only get a bookstore in here.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:03 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,341,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post

Now if we can only get a bookstore in here.
oooo, that would be nice. That borders / barnes and noble (??) at 281/1604 is so dirty!! Yuck. We go to the one at la cantera now...

Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 AM

321 posts, read 1,070,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
oooo, that would be nice. That borders / barnes and noble (??) at 281/1604 is so dirty!! Yuck. We go to the one at la cantera now...
The plans for the Tacara development at the corner of Stone Oak & Hwy 281 included a Barnes & Nobles so I was very disappointed when that deal fell through or got postponed.
Tacara - Life Inspired

Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 AM

126 posts, read 363,251 times
book store would of been great!

isn't a library going up near by somewhere?

on to the other thought. Myself and another trainer were joking today that we can stand outside McD's door and hand out cards

Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM

796 posts, read 3,051,601 times
Quote:
book store would of been great!

isn't a library going up near by somewhere?

The library will be off of Wilderness Oak near Blanco Rd.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 AM

33 posts, read 64,465 times
Quote:
great, just what we need That's right across from the gym where I work as a trainer.

SOGO is a nice little place, I hope this doesn't ruin them. I heard Moes was decent too. So lets add a sh*t place to eat right there.

Nothing like the junkiest food ever across the street from a gym.
Hi there... this is a bit off subject, but I live on the corner of Wilderness Oak and Hardy Oak. I frequent the Subway there near you.

It seems that you're (fitmommy) very passionate about what you do there at they gym.

I've been looking for a good gym (NOT a teenage daycare) for a while. Mostly I need the motivation to actually DO something other THAN go McDs.

Initially I was excited that it was coming here, but ohhhhh wow... no no no! I MUST leave this alone!

Thanks,

Old 04-25-2010, 05:21 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,563,727 times
There ARE healthy options, too (although, I confess, I don't always order them).

But since I drive past there every day, I will now be able to pick up a coffee or nice salad to take to work.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,730 times
This new Mc Donald's location has positive and negative.
Positive: convenience place for Stone Oak area.
Negative: this is the worst customers service place in Mc Donald system. Emloyees at this location work uncooporated , un-organized, and don't care customers. I would come here only when I have nowhere else for a hamburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: