Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 PM

94 posts, read 361,131 times

Advertisements

Since the last forum for this community had activity like 2 years ago, I felt it was necessary to start a more current one. It will be helpful for neighbors and can answer any questions future residents might have. So for those of y'all living here, what do you think so far about the community? Secondly does anyone know what kind of homes they are building now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times
My father and I drove through Redbird Ranch the other day. There are some very nice homes available..one thing we did notice is that DR Horton has officially crossed the Medina County line with some of the newer homes. I sure hope prospective home buyers do their due diligence and see that they are not in the Northside ISD anymore when you cross that one street (if that's even important to them)!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM

88 posts, read 301,759 times
I live in Redbird Ranch. It's a very quiet community with lots of military and other professionals. The only scary thing is how fast DR Horton is putting houses.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 PM

546 posts, read 1,500,064 times
have a few friends that live there. I love the subdivision when you first drive in. My husband and i considered building out there but at the time DR only had the patriot collection and higher end models available. I now noticed they are back to building the Americana series which they initially built that was priced in the 110s.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:30 AM

94 posts, read 361,131 times
I know it's scary how quickly these homes are being built. I dread the day the subdivision is complete as there will be even more traffic. When 211 finally makes it I think it will be very benificial. What happened to the hiking trails?! I thought we were supposed to have those?!

Old 11-22-2009, 06:24 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
My daughter and her husband relocated to SA from Bossier City, and we looked at Redbird, about 20 miles from us. Beautiful homes, beautiful location,but none that they wanted were ready to move into. They found a home in Wildhorse, a D.R. Horton home built in 2007 that had ALL the upgrades available at the time. It is a beautiful home, they got it for an excellent price, and they are only 4.3 miles from us!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:13 AM

144 posts, read 687,061 times
Default DR horton leased out the Greenbelt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo78253 View Post
I know it's scary how quickly these homes are being built. I dread the day the subdivision is complete as there will be even more traffic. When 211 finally makes it I think it will be very benificial. What happened to the hiking trails?! I thought we were supposed to have those?!
For those interested REDBIRD RANCH DR Horton leased out the entire greenbelt to a rancher that will be grazing cattle behind the Community.
I think this is BS because this was supposed to have been for a "Disc Golf Course" and walking trails. Now the builder has gone back on their word to do this and the rancher has allready started a 4 line barbed wire fence that will run behind the community. It has allready been started behind the Marquis series. I suggest any homeowners that disagree with this call the sales office and Spectrum.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:16 AM

144 posts, read 687,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
have a few friends that live there. I love the subdivision when you first drive in. My husband and i considered building out there but at the time DR only had the patriot collection and higher end models available. I now noticed they are back to building the Americana series which they initially built that was priced in the 110s.
Just a heads up they are not Americana series, they are Patriot series, i agree DR Horton was very sneaky when they built the Americana series lightning fast.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM

221 posts, read 562,086 times
typical for DR Horton sneaky sneaky always looking to make a buck

Old 12-01-2009, 02:42 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
Just curious. What school district would be involved in those houses located in Medina Co.? I'm asking because we live farther out than that and paid school taxes for many years to Bexar Co. because the local children were bussed across the line into Bexar Co. We haven't paid school taxes in recent years because of my husband's disability exemption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio