Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,744,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
San Antonio has always been a city of just "getting by". This is a poor city...trying to compare it to Frisco, arguably one of the most expensive burbs in the DFW area is ludicrious
The malls on the border here in Texas are actually pretty clean and very safe. But, can't say if it's still like that. Doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,744,432 times
Wish me luck, guys. Going to Ingram Mall today during rush hour...not looking forward to it.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:35 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,456,321 times
Quote:
San Antonio has always been a city of just "getting by". This is a poor city...trying to compare it to Frisco, arguably one of the most expensive burbs in the DFW area is ludicrious

This has always been the biggest cop-out to me. Just go to any retirement village in FL where the seniors are on a fixed income. The communities are taken care of and there is pride in ownership. It's just amazing what happens when your priorities are different, and you realize that what you do affects others as well.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,456,321 times
Quote:
Show me a city with a population equal to or greater than San Antonio, and tell me that that city is cleaner or more community involved. It isnt happening. You might be talking about cities much smaller than San Antonio

Uh, no. Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville FL, San Diego CA, Tampa FL, all are cleaner and have less graffiti than San Antonio. I was really shocked by it when I came here...and coming from Houston where there IS some graffiti, and I thought THAT was a lot...well, I was wrong. SA has WAY more.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM

177 posts, read 358,694 times
Mom2Feebs,
You are SO right! I get so sick and tired of this excuse.."We're a poor city"... Wow, first of all, what a crock! I have taught my kids that if all you can afford is a cardboard box to live in, it better be the cleanest, neatest box there is! It's called PRIDE, of which this city has none. I just went to Alamo Ranch Marketplace yesterday with my son and was embarrassed at the trash... and this is the "nice" part of the far-west side. All I can figure is the people who get on here and say that every big city is like this, have never actually traveled the country, because this is BY FAR the dirtiest city I've ever lived in. In other cities where I've seen the litter and graffiti, at least it stays on the side of town where it is "culturally accepted", as some call it. I only singled out Frisco because we just visited... I can name hundreds of others where there is pride in the town and you just don't litter and spray paint everyone's property.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:25 PM

8,399 posts, read 23,045,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Uh, no. Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville FL, San Diego CA, Tampa FL, all are cleaner and have less graffiti than San Antonio. I was really shocked by it when I came here...and coming from Houston where there IS some graffiti, and I thought THAT was a lot...well, I was wrong. SA has WAY more.
Jacksonville? Really? I'm originally from Jax, a I can tell you that there's a lot more crime, bad parts of the city, etc. there than in SA!

And Tampa? I've spent a lot of time there as well, and it's pretty poor as well. Strip joints, bars, tattoo parlors and a bad drug problem...no thanks!

Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM

5,617 posts, read 6,565,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
I'd rep ya but have to share the love.
I rep'd for you, as I agree with the post!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:51 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,673,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

Your talking metro Dallas? Your kidding me right....its like the bottom of a toilet bowl...I'm not talking suburbs

Jacksonville and Tampa arent even close in pop......

Its strange though when people write and ask about San Antonio, people on these forums want to say how great it is. If people have no pride and want to live in crap, maybe we all should say San Antonio is a graffiti laden , fat, dumb, low wage, cant get a NFL team, dirty town. Tell the truth

Last edited by badhornet; 03-03-2011 at 07:00 AM..

Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 AM

177 posts, read 358,694 times
The truth hurts...

Old 03-03-2011, 12:34 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,451,647 times
ummm, most do say that... There's only a few with the perennial rose-colored glasses. I'll never understand the Baghdad Bob Syndrome some people tend to suffer from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio