Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 AM

154 posts, read 396,620 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard any updates regarding the new Alamo Drafthouse at the Park North shopping center? I go to the official site regularly, but they have not added it to their list. It would be nice if I didn't have to travel so far to enjoy their "Enter the Dragon" pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,116,485 times
What pizza is that? I ordered one of their pizza's at the Marbach location and didn't finish it, it was that bad. Worse Pizza i have ever had. Might have been the cook that was working that night. I will say I like Alamo Drafthouse besides that.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:27 PM

154 posts, read 396,620 times
This pizza has green peppers, jalapeños, sausage, black olives and crushed red pepper. I have not had any other pizza there because I love this one so much! Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but if you fancy spicy foods then I highly recommend this pizza.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,823,841 times
I'm glad someone started a thread on the new Drafthouse. I've been looking forward to this build for awhile and their website isn't really giving much of an idea on its progress...

Love their food at the Westlakes location: It's always been good and I'll second the Enter The Dragon (calzone).

I'm just happy that with this new-from-the-ground-up facility, they'll have better picture, sound and seating. The Westlakes theater is simply falling apart and they're kept patching it up. Eventually, they'll need to either really put some serious money into it or consider their Park North location the flagship in San Antonio.

BN

Old 06-15-2009, 06:52 PM

322 posts, read 775,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gairetjax View Post
Has anyone heard any updates regarding the new Alamo Drafthouse at the Park North shopping center? I go to the official site regularly, but they have not added it to their list. It would be nice if I didn't have to travel so far to enjoy their "Enter the Dragon" pizza.
We live in the area and received a door hanger, 6 mo ago or so, that said it wasn't opening until the 2nd quarter of 2010

HOWEVER... I was getting my haircut @ the Sports Clips, about eh.. 3 months ago, next to Target and she said her owner just had a meeting with the management group for the complex and they were saying Alamo Draft House will be opening this fall, 2009.

We're hoping for the later!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 PM

56 posts, read 115,827 times
I have a close friend who knows the owners. They are shooting for a December opening right now. Not real confident that it will be done sooner. I have seen finished sketches and other details, it will be awesome. Way better than the Marbach location.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:34 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,377,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deek102 View Post
We live in the area and received a door hanger, 6 mo ago or so, that said it wasn't opening until the 2nd quarter of 2010

HOWEVER... I was getting my haircut @ the Sports Clips, about eh.. 3 months ago, next to Target and she said her owner just had a meeting with the management group for the complex and they were saying Alamo Draft House will be opening this fall, 2009.

We're hoping for the later!
haha....you mean the latter...as in fall of 09?...not the later being 2nd quarter of 10?

I just got confused there fer a sec. Not knowing if you wanted it or not.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,845,444 times
Here's the Westalakes Theatre at its grand opening.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,136,542 times
MySA's Clocking In blog says that the Park North Alamo Drafthouse is still on schedule and reveals that a third Alamo Drafthouse is planned for SA.

Quote:
According to this Film Journal International article, another cinema will be coming to San Antonio in 2010.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,823,841 times
Nice. A third DH would be keen

I'm just a little sad that this new location only has 7 theaters. With the sheer size of the building, I'm thinking the layout of the seating is going to be much more luxurious, larger tables and much larger screens and sound systems. They do say it's going to be all-digital projection as well, which is fantastic for those who pay and want their money's worth when film-watching.

I just hope this new location doesn't go totally mainstream. What makes the DH an original is that they go out of their way to cater to the true moviephile: Midnight Rocky showings, director/actor Q&A screenings, Weird Wednesdays, anime, live events, etc. I felt that in the beginning, the Westlake location wasn't very Drafthousey at all and that it took them a good year to really start mimicking the trends of the original in Austin. Now that the concept of the DH is a franchise (and the ones in SA are not owned by the original Austin group), it takes a whole lot more discipline to put stuff on your screen that's interesting and unique... Not just a summer blockbuster and the newest Julia Roberts movie.

For now, I go to Bijou for truly independent films. DH is my stop for their special events and horror nights with anything by Dario Argento

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio