Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:02 PM

45 posts, read 120,778 times

Advertisements

Ive read both very good about the mansions and very bad. Whats the scoop? Also can anyone recmd apt complexes around san antonio? I want something thats "resort style", large apts, decks, garages...my price range is $1000-$1300 Im moving this summer with my husband and newborn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatbarbie View Post
Ive read both very good about the mansions and very bad. Whats the scoop? Also can anyone recmd apt complexes around san antonio? I want something thats "resort style", large apts, decks, garages...my price range is $1000-$1300 Im moving this summer with my husband and newborn.

I am not familiar with what/where TBC is, but I toured some really nice ones up by LaCantera last year for a friend that was relocating. I fell in love with the place - they even offered the "guest house" for vacationing family. You didn't even have to be a resident to rent out that guest house!! Can't recall the name, but it overlooks the whole shopping complex up there and is toward the south of the retail area.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:14 PM

132 posts, read 286,759 times
dm sent!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:56 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,792 times
Stay away from Western Rim and their Mansions properties. If you don't believe me, take the time to read through the many negative reviews on Apartment Reviews Website:

Mansions at Canyon Springs Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other San Antonio apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

I lived there for nearly two years. Everyone from the upper management down to the in-house staff are unbelievably unprofessional and not worthy of a name like 'Mansions.' What you're paying for is a good marketing campaign and the facade of high-living. The reality of it: They're poorly built and you'll spend more time trying to repair than reside.

... And FYI, it's Mansions at TPC. But either way, it's still bad

BN

Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM

Its the reviews on that site I have a hard time believing. I could care less about the staff I just want a big nice apt and nice amenities. How messed up are the apartments? I can deal with little things....

Old 03-02-2009, 01:44 PM

You have a hard time believing the words of a former resident who lived there for over a year and says it's the absolute truth? Um, okay...

Do what you want, as it already sounds like you're sold on their sales shtick. If you read through ALL of the reviews, you'll see more than just management complaints. They touch on everything from construction to design flaws to broken promises.

You've been warned by someone who's been through it already. I'd take that as a sign to look elsewhere.

BN

Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 PM

I was going to write that I believe you and not apt reviews but I figured that went without saying in my other post, guess I was wrong. So what kind of construction flaws? Are the apts falling apart or is it minor problems???? It one thing to say that the places suck but its hard to believe when no one says what was wrong. One persons "major flaw" could be no big deal to another person. My thing is I'm use to military housing I can deal with flaws. (seeing they put us in dumps.... isn't that nice, I'll protect your freedom however I hope I dont break a leg after I fall though the ceiling while I'm in the shower) I just can;t figure out why some people say they are SOOOO nice and others says they are SOOOOO bad.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:01 PM

Here's the best of the reviews on Mansions properties. My thoughts exactly:

The Mansions..., Not Recommended, Jan 14, 2009, apartment review of Mansions at Canyon Springs Apartments in San Antonio, TX

The review summed up in whole my own experience. Cheap construction materials, expensive rent, maintenance that never shows up and amenities that are lied about or simply never happen. There are nicer places, rental-wise, to live in town. Contact Debbie Maltz at Centro Properties for some truly interesting rental choices. Also don't forget about Craigslist. Great site.

All-in-all, if you want to overpay for a 'lifestyle' property that doesn't deliver, choose any of the Western Rim/Mansions properties in San Antonio. All of the tenants who I spoke with while living there absolutely hated their experience and felt lied to. I ended up comparing Mansions to a place like Ballys Fitness, as they both promise you the world and the second you sign the contract, you're left hanging out to dry. No follow-up. Terrible service. Spoiled product.

BN

Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM

lol I love ballys. Thanks for the info!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 03:23 PM

that review is canyon springs not TBC, I could be wrong but i thought those were diff places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio