Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,398 times

Advertisements

Wish I wasn't in a contract with TWC...I honestly don't give a woohoo who's fault it is, or what the circumstances are, if I pay as much as I do and expect certain channels I better get them. I think I may opt for the early termination and go with another service. 18 or more channels is not just losing one or two, and is not acceptable. Plus 90% of TW's lineup is nothing but repeat channels, shopping channels, On Demand, Pay Per View, and Music Channels....otherwise known as "junk".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 PM

135 posts, read 513,044 times
We're not under the price lock contract (thankfully) & if we don't have these channels tomorrow, we'll be done with TWC.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Here,we can put an end to this one right now.... Just as "spursfan" predicted earlier in the thread.

LOS ANGELES – Time Warner Cable Inc. says it has reached a deal with Viacom Inc. on carriage fees, avoiding a blackout of 19 cable channels including MTV and Comedy Central.

The two sides, citing disagreement over fee hikes, had threatened a damaging blackout at midnight that would have cut off shows such as "SpongeBob SquarePants" and "The Colbert Report" to about 15.7 million subscribers.

Time Warner Cable and Viacom reach deal - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/viacom_time_warner_cable - broken link)

Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
Shortly after agreeing to extend a midnight deadline by an hour, Time Warner Cable spokesman Alex Dudley said the sides agreed on a new contract.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:22 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
wow, what were the odds of that happening?

on to the next all flash no substance story..

Old 01-01-2009, 04:38 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
I think folks will be less inclined to take these "talks" seriously since this is the 2nd time in less than 5 months that TWC and "someone" pushed up against the deadline and struck a deal at the 12th hour...anyone else see a "pattern" here??? Remember when everyone was annoyed about the channel 12 ABC trailers across the bottom of the screen for a few weeks before that all worked out???

Old 01-01-2009, 05:58 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I think folks will be less inclined to take these "talks" seriously since this is the 2nd time in less than 5 months that TWC and "someone" pushed up against the deadline and struck a deal at the 12th hour...anyone else see a "pattern" here??? Remember when everyone was annoyed about the channel 12 ABC trailers across the bottom of the screen for a few weeks before that all worked out???
Part of the problem is the "people" who get riled up over some frivelous bs such as this.. there are a lot of people who "talk" what they are going to do.. instead of talking about it.. just simply "do it".

Old 01-01-2009, 06:49 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Part of the problem is the "people" who get riled up over some frivelous bs such as this.. there are a lot of people who "talk" what they are going to do.. instead of talking about it.. just simply "do it".
Yup..and there were plenty of 'em in this thread too.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:16 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
anyone else notice the full-page ad in today's EN? I thought that was in poor taste and it made viacom look just a little more retarded (see both South Park Indiana Jones episodes) since everything in it was false (thanks to the deal reached last night). The worst part, though, was them listing other options. This makes me wonder if maybe some other companies (at&t, dish, and verizon) were in on this. This just guarantees that at&t will continue to never get any business from me.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:34 AM

778 posts, read 2,503,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
anyone else notice the full-page ad in today's EN? I thought that was in poor taste and it made viacom look just a little more retarded (see both South Park Indiana Jones episodes) since everything in it was false (thanks to the deal reached last night). The worst part, though, was them listing other options. This makes me wonder if maybe some other companies (at&t, dish, and verizon) were in on this. This just guarantees that at&t will continue to never get any business from me.
So the fact that you wonder if at&t, dish, and verizon were in on it, is enough to guarantee at&t will continue to never get your business? I'm not following the logic there. I trust you will also block the viacom channels from your TWC box in protest as well, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio